Where do I use the Iron Key?

#1WalkerRDPosted 3/14/2014 5:35:17 AM
I think I finished the entire area, including Belfry Sol, and I never used the key. I also heard about a lever that turns off the fire breathing statues but I never found that either. I just went back and scoured the area and couldn't see any possible paths I didn't take.
---
"He who koops and runs away lives to koop another day!" - King Koopa83 days without FISH info
#2CocoDollfacePosted 3/14/2014 5:44:36 AM
That lever is farther on. So no I don't think you finished the area because it is very obvious and right next to a bonfire.

But yeah I'm wondering about this key myself. I think I ran into maybe one locked door in Iron Keep (aside from the gates leading to the lava) but I can't remember where it was.
#3PurpleNargaPosted 3/14/2014 5:48:07 AM
Its for the door in Forest of fallen giants, the locked door right before the last giant.
---
PSN: DivinexRose
#4WalkerRD(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2014 5:49:11 AM
CocoDollface posted...
That lever is farther on. So no I don't think you finished the area because it is very obvious and right next to a bonfire.

But yeah I'm wondering about this key myself. I think I ran into maybe one locked door in Iron Keep (aside from the gates leading to the lava) but I can't remember where it was.

I already killed the area boss and lit the primal bonfire but didn't see another bonfire/lever. From what I see, bonfire after Smelter Demon -> area with hanging platform that can be raised or lowered -> spiral staircase down to room with statues spitting fire and spikes on the walls -> Old Iron King

What exactly am I missing?
---
"He who koops and runs away lives to koop another day!" - King Koopa83 days without FISH info
#5toadiemanPosted 3/14/2014 5:49:14 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6WalkerRD(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2014 5:49:51 AM
PurpleNarga posted...
Its for the door in Forest of fallen giants, the locked door right before the last giant.

Thanks.
---
#7WalkerRD(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2014 6:00:35 AM
Holy crap, these lizards don't play. Blocking does absolutely nothing to their attacks and they're relentless.
---