Where to find Fragrant Branch of Yore?

#1420PraiseItPosted 3/14/2014 6:44:22 PM
So, I'm a little stuck, here. I can't progress through the game, because I can't unlock the next area I believe I'm supposed to enter. I'm trying to find a fragrant branch of yore so I can unpetrify the girl near Majula, however I've already used the branch I received after defeating the Lost Sinner to free Straid. I've searched far and wide and I just can't seem to find one, and I'm certain that I've missed it in somewhere that I should have noticed it. For reference, I have the Bastille key, and searched most if not all(?) of the cells I came across. I've tried looking up where to find more and what I've seen is that the other branches are in areas I can't yet access. So, can anyone lend me a hand?
#2Nick_Chaos007Posted 3/14/2014 6:47:04 PM
Back track through every area.

You probably haven't talked to the miracle trainer by the tunnel behind the cat's house, she opens a new path there.
---
Kill one man, You're a murderer. Kill 1,000 men, You're a king. Kill them all....and You're a god!
#3ZennouPosted 3/14/2014 6:49:49 PM
I think the game gave me one when I beat the first Old One. That's probably what the game intends to be your first Branch.
#4420PraiseIt(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2014 6:55:50 PM
Yeah, you receive your first one after defeating the Lost Sinner I believe. I'll have to talk with the Miracle trainer, I wasn't aware that's where she moved to.
#5plaintomatoPosted 3/14/2014 7:01:14 PM
I got the Sinner one first too, but later I found two more and they were easier to get to than beating the Lost Sinner. Here's directions from the start...

1. Go to Heide's Tower of Flame and beat the Dragon Rider boss along the right path. At the bonfire after the Dragon Rider you'll meet an NPC, chat her up.

2. Go to Majula and walk, don't warp, back to Heide's Tower of Flame. The NPC girl will be there and charge you a couple thousand souls to open the pathway to Huntsman's Copse.

3. Beat the Skeleton Lord boss in Huntsman's Copse. This will unlock Harvest Valley.

4. Explore Harvest Valley and you'll find one branch pretty early, in the first poison mist pool area. Hint: With all the poison, a bunch of treasure collecting suicide runs is not a bad idea.

5. The second branch is probably the first body-treasure you'll see when you get to the second section of Harvest Valley, "The Mines". You'll see it right off, but it's elevated so you'll have to explore a little to find the path. Hint: Bring a weapon that can hit the ground, there's a crystal lizard on the way.
#6420PraiseIt(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2014 7:15:42 PM
Yeah, I've found the miracle girl and I'll start searching there momentarily. Thanks for the tips
#7ZennouPosted 3/14/2014 7:17:43 PM
If you were a fan of Valley of Defilement in Demon's Souls or Blighttown in Dark Souls like I was, you might also enjoy exploring the deepest reaches of the big hole in Majula. I found my second Branch wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy down there.
#8Soviet_BearPosted 3/14/2014 7:18:34 PM
There's one in the Gutter. I don't know the specifics, but there's definitely one in there.
---
http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Everyone%20Else/images-9/russian-bear.jpg
I write classical music
#9CrownClown555Posted 3/14/2014 7:25:01 PM(edited)
Zennou posted...
If you were a fan of Valley of Defilement in Demon's Souls or Blighttown in Dark Souls like I was, you might also enjoy exploring the deepest reaches of the big hole in Majula. I found my second Branch wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy down there.

I loved those areas yet I despise the Gutter, but yeah there was a branch and if I recall correctly it was at the lowest point behind the corrosive pot?
---
FC : 1075-1911-4103.
#10420PraiseIt(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2014 7:38:53 PM
How can I get down that pit? I can't use any sorcery to reduce fall damage and I don't think I have enough health to drop in