Pates questline help (spoils)

#1blue_watPosted 3/15/2014 5:30:31 PM
So I met him in FoFG, released his enemy in Copse, and spoke to Pate again in poisoned windmill land... What do I do now to progress the story?
---
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.
#2blue_wat(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2014 5:35:15 PM
Anyone?
---
#3blue_wat(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2014 5:36:46 PM
Fast board is bump
---
#4DoWeKiteFaustPosted 3/15/2014 5:39:16 PM
You'll find Creighton again near the second bonfire in the shaded wood. After that you'll find them fighting in brightstone in the house you can reach by jumping near the second bonfire.
#52_Minute_ManPosted 3/15/2014 5:39:42 PM
go to Brightstone Cove Tseldora
#6Ekser12Posted 3/15/2014 5:55:02 PM
What I learned of this quest so far.

Pate:
-Speak to Pate near the gate at the Forest of Giants
-Speak to him again after you go through the gate and he'll give you a White Soapstone and his sign will appear near the mist to the Last Giant Boss
-Pate will then appear in Earthen Peak in a room with a locked door leading to a treasure chest. Speak to him and he'll give you his armor if you summoned him to the boss fight.
-Get the treasure and speak to him again and he'll disappear back to his home in Tselodra.

Creighton:
-Free him from his jail, speak to him and he'll go to the the Forked Ruins bonfire plotting revenge.
-Speak to him at the Forked Ruins and he'll go after Pate in Tselodra.

Pate and Creighton will duel at the second bonfire in Tselodra. Kill Pate and he'll drop his spear and ring. It is said that Creighton will award you with his armor (which didn't happen in my case, dunno why). Kill Creighton and he'll drop his helmet, I don't know what Pate rewards you with. I killed Pate and Creighton didn't gift me jack. Ungrateful fool.
---
"The decisions you make will decide your fate. What will it be?"
#7ptreemf12Posted 3/15/2014 5:58:42 PM
Ekser12 posted...
What I learned of this quest so far.

Pate:
-Speak to Pate near the gate at the Forest of Giants
-Speak to him again after you go through the gate and he'll give you a White Soapstone and his sign will appear near the mist to the Last Giant Boss
-Pate will then appear in Earthen Peak in a room with a locked door leading to a treasure chest. Speak to him and he'll give you his armor if you summoned him to the boss fight.
-Get the treasure and speak to him again and he'll disappear back to his home in Tselodra.

Creighton:
-Free him from his jail, speak to him and he'll go to the the Forked Ruins bonfire plotting revenge.
-Speak to him at the Forked Ruins and he'll go after Pate in Tselodra.

Pate and Creighton will duel at the second bonfire in Tselodra. Kill Pate and he'll drop his spear and ring. It is said that Creighton will award you with his armor (which didn't happen in my case, dunno why). Kill Creighton and he'll drop his helmet, I don't know what Pate rewards you with. I killed Pate and Creighton didn't gift me jack. Ungrateful fool.

I got Creighton's armor from him for killing Pate. Glitch maybe? Anyways, both guys are suspicious as hell... I love it XD
---
Every dang time...
#8DeliProPosted 3/15/2014 6:02:07 PM
What happens if you don't intervene? Also, does Pate screw you over if you help him?
#9ptreemf12Posted 3/15/2014 6:06:47 PM
DeliPro posted...
What happens if you don't intervene? Also, does Pate screw you over if you help him?

You don't get any rewards, or more specifically the key I think.
---
Every dang time...