Dark souls 2 best dex weapons and how to get

#1TaylormullinsPosted 3/16/2014 11:50:55 AM
Looking to see what everyone is trying and wat is working still have most stuff in experimental stage ATM almost finished so when I finish last boss will really begin testing but for the moment have been using a uchigatana +10 but tried to recreate it from ds1 wit a bleed affect and it does very little damage beside from every 3-5 swings the bleed affect will proc Gona reverse the affect and try again later also have been using manslayer +5 wich has been amazing so far but very low durability. Also u can buy uchi from steady hand mcduff and manslayer from a chest in shrine of Amana after getting to last bonfire in the area. Post wat u have so far and if any boss weapons that uve been having good luck with
#2z1hayzePosted 3/16/2014 11:52:57 AM
So far I only use a Falchion in the right hand and Ricard's Rapier in my left. I haven't found anything better yet. I just beat the first boss in Huntsman's Copse.
---
Dark Souls 2 Death Total: 4
XBL & PSN - xxpurplehayzexx
#3popliyoPosted 3/16/2014 11:54:35 AM
The warped blade from Pursuer is by no means the best, but the opening one handed R1 is very quick and useful for tight spaces where the falchion would bounce.
---
"Nickelback produces [high] quality songs..." -YourJanissary
#4Taylormullins(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2014 12:32:46 PM
Haven't really used any boss weapons purchased arced sword I believe with flexile sentry soul move set is absolutely horrible. Also bought spider fang and haven't tested it out yet. So far haven't come across any good boss weapons. Spider fang seemed to do reasonable damage but manslayer so far has been pretty viable
---
Life is hard so death has got to be easy
#5Gatsas8Posted 3/16/2014 12:38:08 PM
scythe of want +5.loving it so far, great damage has a really neat gap closing move. 2 hand press o and R1 makes you lunge pretty far and surprise these people that like to swing at flies all the time. also a badass spining move 2hand R2. not very usefull but i love the animation!
#6EatlyhPosted 3/16/2014 12:39:01 PM
Try blacksteel katana, very stylish & nice moveset (has many ways to utilize) and has S rank in DEX scaling.
#7Taylormullins(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2014 12:44:29 PM
Any thoughts any infusing dex weapons. Especially ones with A or S scaling???
---
Life is hard so death has got to be easy
#8Raganork10Posted 3/16/2014 12:46:34 PM(edited)
Infusing weapon lowers the scaling and splits your damage between 2 types, which means you attack 2 separate defenses. So unless you put points in int and faith to benefit from elemental scaling, you're better off not infusing dex weapons.