The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Duel curved swords or straight swords?

#1ArnoTheFoxPosted 3/16/2014 6:13:32 PM
Which one should I go with? Pros and cons? maybe one straight sword and a curved sword?
---
"!!!" - Isaac, Golden Sun
PSN: ArnoTheFox
#2KulthPosted 3/16/2014 6:14:49 PM
Not sure if curved/straight play a role in power stance, or if it just looks at Slash/thrust category.

Either way, it's dual, and it's whatever you want to use. What do you like best?
#3OldKyePosted 3/16/2014 6:16:01 PM
Why not both? I use a longsword and a katana cause it gives me vertical and horizontal coverage in my attacks.
#4ArnoTheFox(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2014 6:16:53 PM
If the swords are the same type, the power stance is different, using a different attack set.
---
#5OldKyePosted 3/16/2014 6:19:29 PM
ArnoTheFox posted...
If the swords are the same type, the power stance is different, using a different attack set.

Then you know better then us if you've used them why not tell us which you like? lol
#6ArnoTheFox(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2014 6:22:48 PM
Well curved swords take less stamina, and are slightly quicker. but do less dmg depending on swords. while straight swords do more dmg, and stagger better. It comes down to the speed vs strength argument. and I thought I'd ask for some input. I'm leaning towards curved swords. also, daggers are faaast and cool. though low low dmg v.v
---
#7TerantatekPosted 3/16/2014 6:24:43 PM(edited)
You duel a person
You dual wield weapons

Jesus Hussein Christ.
---
"The best revenge is to live a happy life"
Love, Peace, 420-14/7. Living in Euphoria
#8OldKyePosted 3/16/2014 6:24:30 PM
ArnoTheFox posted...
Well curved swords take less stamina, and are slightly quicker. but do less dmg depending on swords. while straight swords do more dmg, and stagger better. It comes down to the speed vs strength argument. and I thought I'd ask for some input. I'm leaning towards curved swords. also, daggers are faaast and cool. though low low dmg v.v

You could try those gloves that give you a small chance to do a crit(backstab damage) on normal attacks with daggers since they have high crit damage.

For the original question it's close I'd do speed myself.
#9KulthPosted 3/16/2014 6:27:16 PM
ArnoTheFox posted...

Daggers have always been low damage, have they not? Though in this game, the crit bonus is massive. I don't recall the dagger in Dark Souls doing over 700 with a backstab at the beginning stages.
#10PeaceForGalliaPosted 3/16/2014 6:28:24 PM
OldKye posted...
ArnoTheFox posted...

You could try those gloves that give you a small chance to do a crit(backstab damage) on normal attacks with daggers since they have high crit damage.

For the original question it's close I'd do speed myself.

What gloves are those and where can I find them?