What Pharos Lockstone contraptions should I absolutely activate? [SPOILERS]

• Topic Archived
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. What Pharos Lockstone contraptions should I absolutely activate? [SPOILERS]
1 year ago#41
In the meantime, I'm just trying to get this thread bumped so people can see it and contribute to it for future reference.
Up until now, I've wasted a few lockstones and I truly regret them.

So yeah, if anyone has found good places to use the lockstones, please share!
Or if you've found spots where one really shouldn't bother with, please share those too!
---
Nod at the bird and people die everywhere, people die...
1 year ago#42
the wiki lists all lockstone locations and locations to use them
---
http://i.imgur.com/JkxA7.png
1 year ago#43
Oracle-Raven posted...
You can also get one as a starting item for the Explorer class.

And you can farm a bunch of lockstones either from small rats inside of the "Royal Rat Authority" boss room (they keep respawning untill boss is dead) or from small rats in general.

Or, as everyone knows, you can simply join the Rat King Covenant and killing intruders, or be summoned as a grey phantom as an intruder to the Rat King Covenant and then beat the host. If you lose to the host, you won't lose any souls or humanity. So you've got nothing to lose!

Real useful information for people who might freak out and feel like they have to disconnect all the time.

u sure u can just farm these rat enemies for lockstones, and keep doing it since they respawn for the encounter?

i only got lifegems from there....these really drop lockstones and are an infinite source?
---
Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?
1 year ago#44
xtacb posted...
Oracle-Raven posted...
You can farm a bunch of lockstones either from small rats inside of the "Royal Rat Authority" boss room.

u sure u can just farm these rat enemies for lockstones, and keep doing it since they respawn for the encounter?

The Royal Rat Authority boss is in the Doors of Pharros area, not the Grave of Saints. Make you have the right boss fight.

But yeah, the rats that spawn there will give lockstones, but you can only farm them if you're the host in that fight. Being summoned to another world will only give you Lifegems.
---
1 year ago#45
xtacb posted...
Oracle-Raven posted...
You can also get one as a starting item for the Explorer class.

And you can farm a bunch of lockstones either from small rats inside of the "Royal Rat Authority" boss room (they keep respawning untill boss is dead) or from small rats in general.

Or, as everyone knows, you can simply join the Rat King Covenant and killing intruders, or be summoned as a grey phantom as an intruder to the Rat King Covenant and then beat the host. If you lose to the host, you won't lose any souls or humanity. So you've got nothing to lose!

Real useful information for people who might freak out and feel like they have to disconnect all the time.

i only got lifegems from there....these really drop lockstones and are an infinite source?

I know the smelly rats from Doors of Pharros drop them. Two of them dropped a pharros lockstone.
1 year ago#46
You have access to infinite stones so it doesn't matter, you can never run out. I have activated everything including all in Saints and Pharros. However I did join the rat convenant for awhile, which I recommend you do to
---
---
Video games do not cause violence. Violence may cause video games.
1 year ago#47
Littlegator posted...
the wiki lists all lockstone locations and locations to use them

The wikis are very incomplete.
---
1 year ago#48
PrinceOfHot posted...
You have access to infinite stones so it doesn't matter, you can never run out. I have activated everything including all in Saints and Pharros. However I did join the rat convenant for awhile, which I recommend you do to

Acquiring Pharros lockstones isn't really the problem. I've posted how to get some of them to be helpful, but personally I'd just like to know where I should be using them more than anywhere else.

Which spots unlock the better stuff, etc. So I don't just waste my early lockstones on dumb spots that don't do much.
---
1 year ago#49
It should be noted that there are two main ways to get infinite Pharros' Lockstones.
Firstly, a certain enemy drops them. The Royal Rats located near any Rat Covenant area.
Second, joining the Rat King Covenant will give you access to infinite lockstones. When you have joined the group, you will get a ring. Wearing that ring in one of two locations (Doors To Pharros and Grave of the Saints) you will draw someone into your world when they enter those areas. The enemies in that area will be allied with you and will attack the gray spirit. The winner of this 'duel' will receive a Pharros' Lockstone. If you are the covenant member, you will also receive a rat tail, which is a covenant rank item.
1 year ago#50
Honestly, just use them all. You get one per kill as a ratbro anyway... So just kill a few invaders there and get a stock, you should have enough.
---
The wind carried screams from the west. I could not help but smile - Kain PSN : Stealth_Cobra | MGO ID : Killed by Konami's Greed
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. What Pharos Lockstone contraptions should I absolutely activate? [SPOILERS]

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived