I cannot get past Smelter Demon.

#1LeicalolPosted 3/18/2014 5:26:57 PM
Stuck for I don't know how many attempts, most enemies have despawned because of how long it took me.

Here are my stats.

Claymore +10

8 Vigor
40 Dex
20 End
20 Vit
20 Strength
Some other stuff.

I CANNOT last against him, he just burns me out till I have to heal, which often leads to me dying.

I also cannot kill him before this happens.

So what am I supposed to do? Literally everything is killing me.
#2final_chancePosted 3/18/2014 5:27:59 PM
Skip him? Optional boss is optional.

The Mastodon Greatshield also has 100% phys and fire block. Can be handy for this fight.
---
"Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters." PSN ID: FatBeezzee (no blank invites please)
#3IIwintermuteIIPosted 3/18/2014 5:28:24 PM
Id say use the gyrm greatshield but your stats are too low you need like 32 str. You just gonna have to roll, or grind until you can hold the shield. The shield makes it easy, it's fire resistant.
---
This is your fault. I'm going to kill you. And all the cake is gone. You don't even care, do you?
#4RuneMaster no2Posted 3/18/2014 5:28:48 PM
Took me 30 tries or so to get him. I died to him more than any other boss. Don't really have a suggestion, just good luck.

I guess I do have one. Don't try to shield; learn how to dodge the attacks so you have more time to get a hit in and then recover stamina.
#5RazorcakePosted 3/18/2014 5:28:50 PM
You can stick on the Gyrm Greatshield and only one of his attacks can hurt you, and even that will miss if you constantly strafe clockwise, and back off to heal when he does his AoE (when he sticks his sword in the ground).

If the tick damage is bothering you, you can - again - heal when he does his AoE, or stick on the Ring of Restoration to counteract the effect somewhat.
#6ponysteakPosted 3/18/2014 5:28:59 PM
You could always farm the gyrm greatshield and sword and board him to death
#7luuk_uPosted 3/18/2014 5:29:44 PM
ponysteak posted...
You could always farm the gyrm greatshield and sword and board him to death

I'm not grinding to 32 strength, is he really optional?
#8ponysteakPosted 3/18/2014 5:31:42 PM
Yeah he's optional. Also try using the pyromancy flash sweat, flame burrs for fire def, and the allone captain chest piece
#9IIwintermuteIIPosted 3/18/2014 5:31:52 PM
Also, never say you CANNOT last against him, just say it's hard, or you are having trouble with him, don't sell yourself short, you can do it !! :)
---
This is your fault. I'm going to kill you. And all the cake is gone. You don't even care, do you?
#10FafnirPosted 3/18/2014 5:32:25 PM
Roll roll swing, roll roll swing, roll roll swing.
---
PSN: TheManingrey
ACVD ID: Wintermute / 3DS FC: 0860-4081-6465