Shrine of Winter skip

#1FFStarkPosted 3/20/2014 4:41:48 AM
Whatever the trick is to skip killing the old ones, i can't get it to work. went into NG++ for my last spells and wanted to skip all the stuff before the castle but again, the shrine won't open even with 1M souls on and a soul memory of 7.7M...

Now what I read is you need 3M souls on NG++ on me which is ridiculous and will just take longer to farm compared to killing all the old ones. Or that SM resets even though the display in your status stays and you might have to rise it again, which comes out the same, taking longer than just killing stuff...

Maybe someone figured it out?
#2Leventhan26Posted 3/20/2014 4:44:41 AM
on ng++ you would need 3m souls.
#3Leventhan26Posted 3/20/2014 4:46:31 AM
The easiest way to have done this would have been farm the final boss, she or the throne watchers not sure, give a ridiculous amount of souls on ng+~
#4Darkcloud20Posted 3/20/2014 4:48:46 AM
You need soul memory, you don't need them on you.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#5Leventhan26Posted 3/20/2014 4:50:34 AM
Darkcloud20 posted...

You sure? The book says that you need to amass a large amount of souls without using them. I am not sure if it actually even cost you the souls but it doesn't sound like soul memory.
#6Darkcloud20Posted 3/20/2014 4:59:51 AM
Leventhan26 posted...
Darkcloud20 posted...

You sure? The book says that you need to amass a large amount of souls without using them. I am not sure if it actually even cost you the souls but it doesn't sound like soul memory.

Got in there early in NG with soul memory only and the NG+ value in the book seems wrong too
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#7Alphaone35Posted 3/20/2014 5:02:25 AM
Darkcloud20 posted...
Leventhan26 posted...
Darkcloud20 posted...

Got in there early in NG with soul memory only and the NG+ value in the book seems wrong too

It's possible that soul memory obtained during the current play through applies.