How do you get to 2nd Rat area? (possible spoilers)

#1XS_BaggagePosted 3/20/2014 6:36:30 AM
I've cleared the initial Rat area (the first ledge down the pit in Majula), killed the rat hoard, and made my way down the path that leads to The Gutter but didn't see another Rat area. I then read that there's a lower ledge that goes there but that is just another shortcut to the pit with all the NPC's that fall and explode (same route to The Gutter). There is the platform, across from the first ledge with the bonfire, that leads up a latter to a door but it's locked. I'm assuming that's the entrance to the 2nd Rat area but anyone know how to open it? Is that actually the place I'm thinking it is?
---
"Karate Kid over here thinks he's the best around" ~ Lighter_Thief
#2ThePatheticPosted 3/20/2014 7:33:44 AM
The other rat area is through the place with the petrified lady holding the lever.
#3ace_two_maxPosted 3/20/2014 8:08:46 AM
Is that area also for Rat King Covenant?

Kinda running out of rats...
---
You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people and plead for your freedom, and your telling me your completely sane?!
#4HunterX57Posted 3/21/2014 2:34:17 AM
The 2nd rat area is near the first bonfire you encounter when you defeat the scorpion boss.

The area with the exploding guys has a path down one of the 2 ends of the water trail. Kill the exploding guys first then find which way is out. Will lead you to a dark place called the Gutter.