What are your opinions on the boss weapons?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. What are your opinions on the boss weapons?

User Info: Choppa675

Choppa675
2 years ago#11
Good to know. Then I will just keep crushing the fools with my +10 Great Club of mass destruction.
Another fool has come to get his head kicked in by my boot. Good job...

User Info: Sephard

Sephard
2 years ago#12
aqueous12 posted...
Choppa675 posted...
Well, the huge mace you get from the Old Iron King's soul looks decent enough

It's really not worth it.

I felt the same way too. It has half the damage of Smelter Sword for no justifiable reason..
I'm definitely the slowest poster in existence
Also, Dark Souls 2.

User Info: Sunricer

Sunricer
2 years ago#13
Too many greatswords.. >_>
Seriously, almost all of them are great swords this or ultra great sword that, why can't any of them be a normal sword? :(
http://i.imgur.com/I9CP9L1.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/ZeJzXCR.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/azvGFCC.jpg?1

User Info: Fallhammer Lord

Fallhammer Lord
2 years ago#14
Having huge success with the Dragonrider Bow. Excellent weapon for executing low HP turtles and estus-chuggers.

I lead with the vanilla Claymore though.
~: Quid ad aeternum?:~
~:What is it in the light of eternity?:~

User Info: Arc166

Arc166
2 years ago#15
Smelter Sword: With near base int but high faith and strength it hits almost as hard as greatsword.. gotta wonder how hard it'd hit if I had good int and dex too. Great crowd clearing moveset. R2 gives extremely high burst daamge but isn't very practical.
Quite a nice wep.

Pursuers GS: Lighter than most ultra greats with a pretty fast opening slice in its R1. Decent wep for single targets but not my preference.

Giant Stone Axe: Sucks.

Dragonrider Bow: Absolutely amazing. Hits like a truck loaded with dynamite.

Chariot Lance: Pretty decent spear type wep. R2 has a nasty habit of pushing small things out of its own range but can really put the hurt on bigger targets.

Bone Scythe: Its a scythe which scales with strength. New Scythe moveset has no miss delay and was nerfed to balance that but is still decent. Quite a nice wep.

Iron King Hammer: Its like the Smelter GS except the reqs are insane and the moveset is worse. Meh.

Dragonslayer Spear: Shoot lightning. Yup. Not a fan of it otherwise but it shoot lightning.

Pretty good overall.

User Info: Alpr1010

Alpr1010
2 years ago#16
As my first melee character, who likes speed over power, they were all useless to me. I do hear the dragonrider bow is pretty good though.

On my caster, I'm still in early game (dont have any branches yet) so haven't seen but hear there might be 2 spells worth getting.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. What are your opinions on the boss weapons?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived