Someone explain to my why healing during duels is considered bad manners

#1bahamutsigmaPosted 3/22/2014 12:46:10 AM
I just don't get it. Both sides can use it, it bears a risk and it's only downside would be a prolonged fight. Do you not want to fight the same enemy for long or what?
---
3DS Friendcode: 4811-8390-6507
Pokemon Friend Safari: Panpour, Gyarados, Azumarill
#2nfobiaPosted 3/22/2014 12:48:02 AM
In my opinion it just drags out the battle too much. In other words, waste of time.
---
FFXIV: ARR (PS3) - Cerberus (EU) / http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3339017/
#3dozingdevilPosted 3/22/2014 12:49:37 AM
bahamutsigma posted...
I just don't get it. Both sides can use it, it bears a risk and it's only downside would be a prolonged fight. Do you not want to fight the same enemy for long or what?

It's basically a mulligan.

Imagine in a fighting game, you were about to win, one hit left, then both players just healed to full.

It's a do over. If you're losing, make a comeback, don't heal.
---
PSN: Swordsaintscoot/ IronShadowDragon
#4CllerjPosted 3/22/2014 12:51:50 AM
Ignore them and play how you want.
---
PSN-cllerj
I will not follow your little "honor" rules, it's a video game.
#5bahamutsigma(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2014 12:52:11 AM
dozingdevil posted...
bahamutsigma posted...

Imagine in a fighting game, you were about to win, one hit left, then both players just healed to full.

But a fighting game has completely different mechanics and can't really be compared to DS. If you don't want your opponent to heal, there are Lloyd talismans, you know?
---
3DS Friendcode: 4811-8390-6507
Pokemon Friend Safari: Panpour, Gyarados, Azumarill
#6MuflagginPosted 3/22/2014 12:52:28 AM
It's not. Play to win and do what you got to do. **** these imaginary gentlemans rules.
---
"In the real world. You see that's where most people live and that's where Lara Croft is more well-known than Mario." - LuminescentRule
#7dozingdevilPosted 3/22/2014 12:52:58 AM
bahamutsigma posted...
dozingdevil posted...
bahamutsigma posted...

But a fighting game has completely different mechanics and can't really be compared to DS. If you don't want your opponent to heal, there are Lloyd talismans, you know?

Perhaps, but you asked why it was considered bad manners. If you want to heal do it.
---
PSN: Swordsaintscoot/ IronShadowDragon
#8ChobistarPosted 3/22/2014 12:53:28 AM
it's really really fun chasing people who run across the map until they can take a sip
#9KreynorPosted 3/22/2014 12:54:17 AM
bahamutsigma posted...

I don't get it too.
If I get a chance, I heal. I'm just using the tools the game offers me. Sucks for the other one if he doesn't heal.
---
PSN (EU): Kreynor
DA pawn: Alcalimo, Lv. 53 Ranger Scather&Utilitarian
#10kennydangPosted 3/22/2014 12:54:30 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]