Upgrade from the claymore?

#1Tokenblack20Posted 3/23/2014 8:51:04 PM
Been using this baby for a while, i enjoy the moveset fairly well, was just wondering if there was a great improvement from it? I have 50 str 40 dex, so all quality weapons are open to me. Been trying to farm a mastadon halberd but to no avail.
#2Tokenblack20(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2014 8:56:07 PM
bump.
#3jhcho2Posted 3/23/2014 9:01:25 PM
great improvement from what standpoint? damage, while retaining the same moveset? or even totally different weapons? The only sword which has the same moveset as Claymore that is arguably better is Drangleic Sword, because it has B scaling for Dex. And the Drangleic Sword generally does more damage than Claymore with your 40 over Str and Dex. I'm aware that Claymore swings a tad bit faster.

Alternatively, you can try Curved Dragon Greatsword. It swings more like a Greatsword than an Ultra Greatsword, has 400 damage at +5, and has Str C, Dex S scaling. But despite all that stats on paper, I prefer the versatility of Claymore/Bastard Sword/Drangleic Sword. The thrusting R2 attack is a very useful option. CDG has a near unviable R2 attack.
#4megATOMOSPosted 3/23/2014 9:02:19 PM
try out different greatswords and see
---
http://i.imgur.com/8GzlC.gif
#5Tokenblack20(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2014 9:06:21 PM
jhcho2 posted...
great improvement from what standpoint? damage, while retaining the same moveset? or even totally different weapons? The only sword which has the same moveset as Claymore that is arguably better is Drangleic Sword, because it has B scaling for Dex. And the Drangleic Sword generally does more damage than Claymore with your 40 over Str and Dex. I'm aware that Claymore swings a tad bit faster.

Alternatively, you can try Curved Dragon Greatsword. It swings more like a Greatsword than an Ultra Greatsword, has 400 damage at +5, and has Str C, Dex S scaling. But despite all that stats on paper, I prefer the versatility of Claymore/Bastard Sword/Drangleic Sword. The thrusting R2 attack is a very useful option. CDG has a near unviable R2 attack.

Thank you for the info =)
#6TrisagionPosted 3/23/2014 11:35:20 PM
jhcho2 posted...

I'm sorry, even though Drangleic sword share almost all Claymore moveset but it didn't have that superb 2HR2 poke
#7tlnPosted 3/23/2014 11:37:49 PM
Black Knight Halberd
#8FafnirPosted 3/23/2014 11:44:15 PM
Trisagion posted...
jhcho2 posted...

I'm sorry, even though Drangleic sword share almost all Claymore moveset but it didn't have that superb 2HR2 poke

It does have the 1HR2 poke, however.

That said, it's lacking in the amazing range that the Claymore has, and that's what ends up killing it.

Really, short of some of the longspears (Dragonslayer Spear, Pate's Spear), you're not going to find many weapons much better than the Claymore. Other weapons may be flashier, or put out bigger numbers, but the Claymore is such a complete package that it rarely matters.
---
PSN: TheManingrey
ACVD ID: Wintermute / 3DS FC: 0860-4081-6465
#9jhcho2Posted 3/24/2014 12:45:08 AM
tln posted...
Black Knight Halberd

I hate the handling of that weapon. It locks me in the thrust animation