Darkdrift katana is amazing for pvp, it saved dual wielding for me. It has...

#1JMoney3851179Posted 3/26/2014 3:13:50 PM
The ability to bypass shields with the strong attack. Prior to finding this weapon, I was using dual poison infused man slayers, which was awesome for (obviously) poisoning players.

Problem was, especially with turtle shielders, it was tough to get in close with out jus trading hits if they had shield. Now, since I can bypass them, shields are the easiest thing to fight! I don't think many people know about this weapon, cuz so many people hold up their shield and I just take out half their health.

Question!

What do you guys think would be the best left hand weapon to DW with darkdrift? Secondly, when u use the L2 dual strong attack, will the darkdrift still bypass shield or no?

If so, it might be nice to infuse the left handed weapon for even more damage through shields.
#2Vlad15Posted 3/26/2014 3:19:39 PM
Personally I find the best way to deal with turtles hiding with their shields is to just use a shield break. Generally pretty easy to hit them with, and it nets you a critical attack. But, maybe try the shotel in the left hand, seeing as how both of them have shield bypass I'd think it'd do the trick.
---
"..."
#3RachelLyonsPosted 3/26/2014 3:22:24 PM
I'm not exactly sure about the Powerstanced L2 attack passing through shields, but I have been having pretty good luck with Dark Darkdrift + 10 in my right hand, and a Dark Berserker's Blade +5 in my left hand. Throw Resonant Weapon on the Darkdrift and then dual wield them and you'll always be doing considerable damage through their shield regardless.

If you can catch someone with an L1 attack up close, you can generally finish them off in that combo with 1-2 more L1 swings.
---
GT: Rachel Lyons
#4pacotaco184Posted 3/26/2014 3:22:30 PM
Vlad15 posted...
Personally I find the best way to deal with turtles hiding with their shields is to just use a shield break. Generally pretty easy to hit them with, and it nets you a critical attack. But, maybe try the shotel in the left hand, seeing as how both of them have shield bypass I'd think it'd do the trick.

This. Turtlers are incredibly easy to punish now. I am now more concerned when an enemy doesn't have their shield up instead of when they do.
#5DirjelPosted 3/26/2014 3:25:09 PM
Shotel, Spider's Silk, and this?

Awesome. I've dual wielded through all the Souls games, and seeing viable equipment that ignores shields is really wonderful.
---
Bring more souls, slayer of demons...
PSN: DirjelJunshin
- http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/DirjelJunshin.png
#6Vlad15Posted 3/26/2014 3:27:38 PM
pacotaco184 posted...
Vlad15 posted...

This. Turtlers are incredibly easy to punish now. I am now more concerned when an enemy doesn't have their shield up instead of when they do.

I never even both to use a shield in pvp, and if I do it's just to get the effect of the shield, like stamina recovery, otherwise I find them kinda useless for pvp.
---
"..."
#7orphanjohnPosted 3/26/2014 3:28:04 PM
Vlad15 posted...

Shotel's R2 changes to a parry in the left hand.
---
PSN: orphanjohn (DCUO)/OrphanFromdabloc (DkS2/FFXIV)
DCUO: Orphan Fromdabloc FFXIV: Chalupa Batman
#8JMoney3851179(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2014 3:30:38 PM
I don't think u guys understand, sure u can shield break, but the darkdrift strong attack is a lunge, so if they have their shield up u can jump in from feet away and take out half their health.

Much easier and better then shield break. Which is also good, don't get me wrong.
#9Vlad15Posted 3/26/2014 3:32:40 PM
To each their own, I just find it more amusing to get that shield break.
---
"..."
#10AtrabiliousPosted 3/26/2014 3:43:00 PM
Can you infuse darkdrift? A poison one would be fun.
---
| Xbox 360: Atrabilious/ClassiestFiddle/Phantom Ostrava/Godsbane Blade |
| PS3: Jazzy_Bones/PhantomOstrava |