throne defender's shield or king's shield?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. throne defender's shield or king's shield?
2 years ago#1
title.

does anyone who has both upgraded to +5 tell me what the stats are on each? i don't have anywhere near that many bones. i'm trying to debate between getting the throne defender shield or sword.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
FC: 0404-5961-8354
2 years ago#2
King's and it's not even close.
PSN: RAGE_Tich
2 years ago#3
Away from my PS3 atm, but you're trading slightly better resists for a significant amount of stability, iirc.

I prefer Defender's.
Ricard's, not Richard's. Ascetic, not Aesthetic. Mastodon, not Mastadon. Copse, not Corpse. Drangleic, not Drangelic. Hollow, not Hallow. Flexile, not Flexible.
2 years ago#4
If u have INT go for the Throne Defenders Shield at 70 INT u get extra 8% elemental and magic resist otherwise go for the kings shield.
2 years ago#5
defenders >>>> kings
2 years ago#6
Also, just use an ascetic on the King's Gate bonfire. The two Throne of Want fights aren't difficult enough to pose any problems on NG+.
Ricard's, not Richard's. Ascetic, not Aesthetic. Mastodon, not Mastadon. Copse, not Corpse. Drangleic, not Drangelic. Hollow, not Hallow. Flexile, not Flexible.
2 years ago#7
The last boss (three bosses technically) and the Giant king are the best way to farm soul in the game, i have both of them at BI 7 and im just a couple of levels short of 300.

With GSR+2 they net around 450k souls, and u gain two sunlight medals per fight by summoning sunbros.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. throne defender's shield or king's shield?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived