Best place to farm Twinkling Titanite?

#11PhoenixUltimaPosted 3/28/2014 12:51:45 PM
Dragon aerie, definitely. You also get petrified bones while you're getting your twinkling (or vice versa!) so if you decide you want to try out a boss weapon later, you're good to go.
---
I'm the captain of the gravy train!
#12ShinpiPosted 3/28/2014 12:52:24 PM
Dragon's Aerie I think is the best rewards for the effort. Lots of twinkling titanite from the lizards, petrified somethings from the 3 dragons (rare drops), dragon bones, as well as random infuse mats.
---
PSN: SnoH01
Leader of the Green Flamingo Armored Core: Verdict Day clan. Message me if interested in applying.
#13Sirpermafrost(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2014 12:57:15 PM
blue_wat posted...
Sirpermafrost posted...
Milleyd posted...
Quote from a person in another topic...

Bonfire ascetic the 4th bonfire in giant forest land. Twinkling titanite x2 spawns below on a corpse. Inside the nearby shriveled giant there's another bonfire ascetic to break even.

Then kill the Giant Lord.

What is "Giant forest land" lol.

Forest of the Fallen Giants. Last bonfire. But you need the Ashen Mist Heart

I just completely looked in the Memory of Orro and could not find any Twinkling Titaning. Where exactly is it?
---
Official Scythe of Want of Dark souls 2 Board.
#14VictoryensuredPosted 3/28/2014 12:58:20 PM
How long does it take you guys to farm this stuff? I managed to pick up the full Catarina set last night (only one duplicate, so lucky :D), and I was wondering if it's worth my time to use ascetics at dragon aerie.

I already blew my twinkling upgrading havel's armor, but I'd like to be a badass onion with power stance man-mitts.
#15Sirpermafrost(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2014 12:59:57 PM
Victoryensured posted...
How long does it take you guys to farm this stuff? I managed to pick up the full Catarina set last night (only one duplicate, so lucky :D), and I was wondering if it's worth my time to use ascetics at dragon aerie.

I already blew my twinkling upgrading havel's armor, but I'd like to be a badass onion with power stance man-mitts.

How do you get Catarina armor is Dks2??
---
Official Scythe of Want of Dark souls 2 Board.
#16blue_watPosted 3/28/2014 1:00:19 PM
Sirpermafrost posted...
blue_wat posted...
Sirpermafrost posted...
Milleyd posted...
Quote from a person in another topic...

Bonfire ascetic the 4th bonfire in giant forest land. Twinkling titanite x2 spawns below on a corpse. Inside the nearby shriveled giant there's another bonfire ascetic to break even.

Then kill the Giant Lord.

What is "Giant forest land" lol.

Forest of the Fallen Giants. Last bonfire. But you need the Ashen Mist Heart

I just completely looked in the Memory of Orro and could not find any Twinkling Titaning. Where exactly is it?

It's on the scaffolding, outside the memory
---
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.
#17KeldonisPosted 3/28/2014 1:02:05 PM(edited)
PhoenixUltima posted...
Dragon aerie, definitely. You also get petrified bones while you're getting your twinkling (or vice versa!) so if you decide you want to try out a boss weapon later, you're good to go.

This, the drakes aren't necessarily hard either, and the only other enemy attacks your equipment degradation.

Crystal lizards can be respawned indefinitely.

Another option is Shrine of Amana as the mages have a good chance of dropping Twinkling though most people hate the place.

Both of those are better than the giant memory and much more efficient IMO. How many Twinkling's do you get per giant memory ascetic run anyway? If it's just one via memory of Orro it's definitely not worth it (soul/vessel farming, aside).
---
3DS FC: 1977-1571-8378 IGN Heisenberg TSV: 2336
#18ChronuxPosted 3/28/2014 1:02:46 PM
Keldonis posted...
PhoenixUltima posted...

This, the drakes aren't necessarily hard either, and the only other enemy attacks your equipment degradation.

Crystal lizards can be respawned indefinitely.

Another option is Shrine of Amana as the mages have a good chance of dropping Twinkling though most people hate the place.

Both of those are better than the giant memory and much more efficient IMO. How many Twinkling's do you get per giant memory ascetic run anyway? If it's just one via memory of Orro it's definitely not worth it (soul/vessel farming, aside).

You can get 2 twinkling within 5 minutes by the giant farming. i'de say thats a lot more faster and efficient than any other farming....
#19lildragon0Posted 3/28/2014 1:03:05 PM
Sirpermafrost posted...

It's not in the memory. Drop Down a ledge from the giant tree to get it before going in the memory to get a fresh ascetic.
---
FC: 4296-2981-8490
#20ryokoalwaysPosted 3/28/2014 1:05:44 PM
Dragon aerie is most efficient. You get at least 7-8 from lizards, and potentially up to 3 more from dragons. You also get a plethora of other material in addition to twinkling.

Each run takes about 9-10 minutes.