What is the pvp meta level?

#11BobbyBrownLovePosted 3/28/2014 6:47:37 PM
it hastn really been decided yet.

TBH tho... since the game jus came out its so active that im sure at ANY sl ( well maybe not like max ) will get you constant action.

good luck!
#12KhristophoroPosted 3/28/2014 6:49:08 PM
BobbyBrownLove posted...
it hastn really been decided yet.

TBH tho... since the game jus came out its so active that im sure at ANY sl ( well maybe not like max ) will get you constant action.

good luck!

You can get action at any SL because the matchmaking ignores it.

As for soul memory, after a very high amount of souls it doesn't care anymore. Everyone past that amount is within the same matchmaking tier.
#13BobbyBrownLovePosted 3/28/2014 6:52:55 PM
so youre saying that once you reach a certain number in soul memory that it doesnt take into account your SL anymore?

So for instance lets say that number is 5mil... at that point anyone matches up with anyone past that number?

how do you know this? (not the actual point of no return, but this mechanic)
#14blue_watPosted 3/28/2014 6:53:54 PM
It's a state of mind
---
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.
#15Fallhammer LordPosted 3/28/2014 6:55:23 PM
I am having huge success as a Dragon in Iron Keep, SL 160 with 4,404,196 soul memory. Someone nabs my Dragon Eye within a few seconds of placing it.

Tempted to go for 10 more Vitality and see what happens.
---
~: Quid ad aeternum?:~
~:What is it in the light of eternity?:~
#16KeldonisPosted 3/28/2014 7:00:19 PM(edited)
Khristophoro posted...
I KEEP TELLING YOU PEOPLE.

Matchmaking is 100% based on soul memory. Don't end up like this guy. LEVEL UP.

In all fairness though, at SL 150 you're pretty much at your optimum damage output. Leveling up another 50 or so levels (even 100) isn't going to be making that much of a difference damage wise if you are properly geared due to diminishing returns and softcaps.

Other than pumping up more Vigor, Vitality so you can wear heavier armor, more ADP, etc or simply pumping up all stats so you can "Lol, do anything" it really doesn't make all too much of a difference.

I'm doing just fine with my SL 150 on NG+ both in PVE and PvP....and in the worst case, thanks to the Ring of Life Protection and the fact it only takes a measly 3K to repair in the event you die, which you can also have multiples of, you really don't have to worry about losing your souls so hoard away.

If the cap ends up being higher/non-existent or it doesn't matter I can simply level up with my millions of stored souls if needed.

Better to be safe then sorry, which is why I stopped at 150, but to each their own. The game is still new and much action is to be had, regardless of SL/SM.
---
3DS FC: 1977-1571-8378 IGN Heisenberg TSV: 2336
#17BobbyBrownLovePosted 3/28/2014 6:57:53 PM
Fallhammer Lord posted...
I am having huge success as a Dragon in Iron Keep, SL 160 with 4,404,196 soul memory. Someone nabs my Dragon Eye within a few seconds of placing it.

Tempted to go for 10 more Vitality and see what happens.

do it man, im sure there are others even past the 200 range.

I plan to jus keep leveling for the hell of it.

When the game is out for a while, and the player pool drops, ill jus make a new character for the apporiate level everyone is pvping at

:)
#18xSpokenWordxPosted 3/28/2014 7:03:18 PM
Khristophoro posted...
iconiq posted...
Because SL matters right? I keep getting invaded by SL210-230 players and I'm only SL180 -_-... I was also invaded by a SL130 player yesterday.

I concur, SL means jack squat. I'm SL 230 and got invaded by someone who was 180 the other day at the Undead Crypt. I used a seed of the giant because I wasn't in the mood to bother with them >_>

The enemies made short work of him....
---
360: x Spoken Word x PSN: xSpokenWordx
#19iconiqPosted 3/28/2014 7:10:31 PM
Again.
http://imgur.com/w9eyS3H

Im SL180 with nearly 19mio SM. Who wants to explain the system to me now? -___- So freaking annoying.
#20KneeTotheFacePosted 3/28/2014 7:12:16 PM
xSpokenWordx posted...
Khristophoro posted...
iconiq posted...
Because SL matters right? I keep getting invaded by SL210-230 players and I'm only SL180 -_-... I was also invaded by a SL130 player yesterday.

I concur, SL means jack squat. I'm SL 230 and got invaded by someone who was 180 the other day at the Undead Crypt. I used a seed of the giant because I wasn't in the mood to bother with them >_>

The enemies made short work of him....

Quick question, how do you know the enemy is SL180?
Is there a way to check? or did you just ask him directly?