So I've found the uncounterable strategy in PvP.

#11blue_watPosted 3/28/2014 7:43:05 PM
KOONTASH posted...
blue_wat posted...
KOONTASH posted...
Dark Chaos Shield.

Dark Rebel's Greatshield.

Its only because you're fighting people who don't know the full scope of equipment available in the game or don't have the appropriate upgrade materials.

Everything is going to change in a while and melee is still going to be tops.

Is this honestly your shield of choice in the arena?

I never use anything other than the Dark Rebel's. Try it and laugh at how no hexes and the tiniest big of magic hits you.

Wow I'll have to try it out. Melee builds don't wreck you?
---
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.
#12KOONTASHPosted 3/28/2014 7:43:52 PM
blue_wat posted...
KOONTASH posted...
blue_wat posted...
KOONTASH posted...
Dark Chaos Shield.

Its only because you're fighting people who don't know the full scope of equipment available in the game or don't have the appropriate upgrade materials.

I never use anything other than the Dark Rebel's. Try it and laugh at how no hexes and the tiniest big of magic hits you.

Wow I'll have to try it out. Melee builds don't wreck you?

Press circle against Melee builds.
#13AnnihilatorSolPosted 3/28/2014 7:44:06 PM
ShadowXardas posted...
AnnihilatorSol posted...
Affinity doesnt stagger though, even with 0 poise.

This is very much untrue. I use Affinity's stun to combo in GRS all the time.

90% of all 1v1 encounters end right there.

Affinity is the one with the skulls on them right? That is like homing soul arrow or something but skulls?
#14DX1900(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2014 7:44:30 PM
KOONTASH posted...
blue_wat posted...
KOONTASH posted...
Dark Chaos Shield.

Heavy Homing Soul arrow is a magic sorcery, not dark. And it tracks like no other, I don't think its possibly to avoid a barrage of those and Affinity chasing you at the same time. Haven't seen a single person do it.
---
3DS FC: 0001-3317-5075
#15DX1900(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2014 7:44:52 PM
AnnihilatorSol posted...
ShadowXardas posted...
AnnihilatorSol posted...
Affinity doesnt stagger though, even with 0 poise.

This is very much untrue. I use Affinity's stun to combo in GRS all the time.

90% of all 1v1 encounters end right there.

Affinity is the one with the skulls on them right? That is like homing soul arrow or something but skulls?

Affinity is Pursuers from Dark Souls 1 but with a different name.
---
3DS FC: 0001-3317-5075
#16KOONTASHPosted 3/28/2014 7:46:08 PM
DX1900 posted...
KOONTASH posted...
blue_wat posted...
KOONTASH posted...
Dark Chaos Shield.

Heavy Homing Soul arrow is a magic sorcery, not dark. And it tracks like no other, I don't think its possibly to avoid a barrage of those and Affinity chasing you at the same time. Haven't seen a single person do it.

90% Magic Resist means that spell is going to hit me for about 30 damage and take off a sliver of my stamina. Your affinity will have done 0 damage and taken off 0 stamina. I'm right in front of you by now.
#17FlamingPiesPosted 3/28/2014 7:47:38 PM
DX1900 posted...
KOONTASH posted...
blue_wat posted...
KOONTASH posted...
Dark Chaos Shield.

You don't have to avoid it though, why dodge what you can simply block (within reason anyway)

Rebel's greatshield has 90% magic reduction and 85% dark reduction; goes to AROUND 100% dark reduction if you infuse it with a darknight stone. Only issue would be stamina depletion, but rebels has decent stability so you can safely block 2 or 3 waves without letting up.
#18KOONTASHPosted 3/28/2014 7:50:47 PM
FlamingPies posted...

You don't have to avoid it though, why dodge what you can simply block (within reason anyway)

Rebel's greatshield has 90% magic reduction and 85% dark reduction; goes to AROUND 100% dark reduction if you infuse it with a darknight stone. Only issue would be stamina depletion, but rebels has decent stability so you can safely block 2 or 3 waves without letting up.

Once you +10 it the reduction becomes 100%.
#19HeroicSomaCruzPosted 3/28/2014 7:51:48 PM(edited)
TC, define "hex" build. What do your stats look like and what do you have equipped?

As a melee build, I'm curious.
---
Follow me on Miiverse! NNID: OgnarPliskin
My Gameplay videos! Fighting Games, Nintendo, Dark Souls, and more. http://www.youtube.com/user/OgnarPliskin
#20Hierarchy225Posted 3/28/2014 7:54:52 PM
"Uncounterable"? Right, until someone uses profound still on you.
---
Official Stealth Rock of the Pokemon X Board
3DS Friend Code 1993-7813-6870 / Ice Safari: Snorunt, Bergminte, Dewgong