So I've found the uncounterable strategy in PvP.

#21IRamboYouPosted 3/28/2014 7:55:46 PM
DX1900 posted...
Hex build. Cast Affinity. Get close enough so they chase, spam Heavy Homing Soul Arrow while they try to roll around. Its impossible to avoid both. I just finished my 150 hex character and went straight into the arena. LITERALLY won over 50 matches in a row (stopped counting after 50, and just kept winning so much I bored.) I really wanted to fight someone that could beat it but nope. And since you cant roll through Affinity (Pursuers) anymore, they turn around and you take the FULL damage. Heavy homing soul arrow just has too much tracking, and once you get stunned by that you take the full affinity damage and you're dead.

What system? And If ps3 hit me up I wanna try it lol. My set up is a not yet finished faith biuld. Got some tweaks to do and I need wotg :) psn name is imapoopertrooper if you or anyone wants to duel :)
#22KeldonisPosted 3/28/2014 7:56:31 PM
Rebel's really is a great shield. Great res all around but only around 67 or so base physical if you infuse it.

Not the greatest against heavy melee builds (which are far more common from what I've seen PvP wise anyway). Though I suppose it does let you deal with the occasional hexer once in awhile.
---
3DS FC: 1977-1571-8378 IGN Heisenberg TSV: 2336
#23KOONTASHPosted 3/28/2014 8:00:52 PM
Keldonis posted...
Rebel's really is a great shield. Great res all around but only around 67 or so base physical if you infuse it.

Not the greatest against heavy melee builds (which are far more common from what I've seen PvP wise anyway). Though I suppose it does let you deal with the occasional hexer once in awhile.

Most of the melee builds I've come up against are hybrids or buff builds. Rebel's is still tops in that situation. You can take a Crypt Blacksword hit with ease and tank three derp swings from a MLGS and still have stamina to retaliate.
#24FlamingPiesPosted 3/28/2014 8:01:28 PM
Keldonis posted...

What I usually end up doing, is just carrying multiple different shields on me for different situations.

After a bit of practice I've become able to switch shields pretty quickly, kinda like that ring swaping trick back in DkS1. I usually start with the Grand Spirit Tree Shield (which has the ability to spell parry, so I can parry anything I need to until I can switch to a more fitting shield)
#25DX1900(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2014 8:06:21 PM(edited)
SL 150 wearing witches gear, just enough str/dex to use a Dark longsword with King's Shield, 40 vigor, 40 int/fth, end/vit are pretty low but I don't remember, 15? Ring of +3 atn slots, +5 faith, +5 int, and last one is a floater. Sometimes Third Dragon, sometimes Clear Bluestone +2.
---
3DS FC: 0001-3317-5075
#26KeldonisPosted 3/28/2014 8:12:36 PM(edited)
FlamingPies posted...
What I usually end up doing, is just carrying multiple different shields on me for different situations.

After a bit of practice I've become able to switch shields pretty quickly, kinda like that ring swaping trick back in DkS1. I usually start with the Grand Spirit Tree Shield (which has the ability to spell parry, so I can parry anything I need to until I can switch to a more fitting shield)

True enough, though you can't equip a counter shield for everything.

Rebels is a great alternative though, and it would probably shut down my hex/dex build. (Well, I'd have to rely on my Dex scaling which isn't the greatest).

Good stuff. I use a multitude of shields too. Well, two really. A basic Defenders/Black Dragon/King's Shield and usually a 100% magic infused magic shield, a few staves/chimes and my Katana.

KOONTASH posted...
Most of the melee builds I've come up against are hybrids or buff builds. Rebel's is still tops in that situation. You can take a Crypt Blacksword hit with ease and tank three derp swings from a MLGS and still have stamina to retaliate.

Pretty impressive to be taking a Crypt Blacksword hit with ease, and have the stamina to retaliate. I wonder what your SL is.

Does a Dark infused Rebel's/Chaos stop effects like Dark Fog as well?
---
3DS FC: 1977-1571-8378 IGN Heisenberg TSV: 2336
#27midsizelebowskiPosted 3/28/2014 8:13:37 PM
This sounds so. boring.

I tried an MLGS build and that was so easy it was boring, this sounds even worse.
---
GT - Nigel Tuffnel11
#28DX1900(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2014 8:15:02 PM
midsizelebowski posted...
This sounds so. boring.

I tried an MLGS build and that was so easy it was boring, this sounds even worse.

It's very boring. I'd rather run pure melee, which imo gives you the most satisfying victory when you actually outplay your opponent. All I'm saying is, it works, and more more and people are going to start doing it.
---
3DS FC: 0001-3317-5075
#29UsinjiPosted 3/28/2014 8:15:50 PM
Whats your PSN id? I want to duel if we're similar levels. I'm 150 pure dex, and I'm proof dodging is sick. I can dodge anything if I'm playing right. So if you think your build is uncounter-able I have to test it.
PSN id Usinji88
#30Snipa_Wulf12Posted 3/28/2014 8:16:56 PM
While im sure one or the other might hit, I'm fairly certain anyone with a pretty decent grasp on the system, ie. No one who uses the duel arenas, would still be able to kill you more often than not.

This is just like when people thought pursuers plus crystal soul spear was unavoidable. It wasn't.
---
My master has many names - The Writhing Terror, Crawling Chaos, Mr. Slither - the oldest of which being the most enigmatic: Nylarthotep.