teach me parry!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. teach me parry!

User Info: serpentaurus

serpentaurus
2 years ago#1
so, for parrying i have to L1 very fast right before i get hit? should i press forward or hold L1 before, is there something im missing? are all kinds of attacks parryable? any info is welcomed :=)
Now playing: UMvC3, SSF4 AE 2012, Sonic Racing Transformed

User Info: SolidKnight

SolidKnight
2 years ago#2
Your parry window will differ depending upon what you're using to parry. E.g. the timing for a buckler is different than the timing for a medium shield which is different than the timing for a rapier which is different for a two-handed weapon.

User Info: Vita_Aeterna

Vita_Aeterna
2 years ago#3
My name is Larry, not Parry. And I'm not your tutor.
Dark Souls II and Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

User Info: Limelol

Limelol
2 years ago#4
pride17
PSN: Limelol-
How to make popular threads: Talk about the MegaMule or how you think Magic is OP

User Info: IH0D3IExiria

IH0D3IExiria
2 years ago#5
I have a similar issue, I would get 10+ killspree in forest using only parry+riposte (parrying dagger + +5 MLGS) in DkS and have never riposted once in dks2.. Gotten plenty of parries, never ripostes.

serpentaurus
2 years ago#6
SolidKnight posted...
Your parry window will differ depending upon what you're using to parry. E.g. the timing for a buckler is different than the timing for a medium shield which is different than the timing for a rapier which is different for a two-handed weapon.

im using buckler now, the shield with 13 dex requirement

User Info: Pride17

Pride17
2 years ago#7
Limelol posted...
pride17

yeah they used stand in awe at my parrys

serpentaurus
2 years ago#8
how is the timing for buckler? im trying to parry the pursuer with no success u.u

User Info: Pride17

Pride17
2 years ago#9
serpentaurus posted...
how is the timing for buckler? im trying to parry the pursuer with no success u.u

Its pretty chill

User Info: __Featurez__

__Featurez__
2 years ago#10
Don't use Buckler or Target shield parry animations they take forever to start up and can't recover as fast as you would with a medium shield or small shield with normal parry like Iron Parma

There are a few weapons who got the same parry timing as a normal parry such as the curved swords but not rapiers they are more like Buckler parry animation and can't really rely on those

I suggest using Iron Parma, the best small shield with 53 stability and doesn't take much stamina as shields like royal kite shield for being heavier when you do parrys
Mods = Lame
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. teach me parry!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived