Regarding equipment for magic user.

#1blizzardrgPosted 3/31/2014 10:11:32 PM
Hi,

Well, i choose to be a Swordman. Will i still be able to buy sorcerer/Magic user equipment in the game? I notice that all the armor and equipment i can buy up till now are knight/warrior armor..
#2MCC1701Posted 3/31/2014 10:14:44 PM
You can find and buy stuff later. If you are wanting to incorporate magic into a DW swordsman build, I suggest farming some respawning ghosts with magic and pyromancy in the undead crypt when you come across them
---
36: Ancient
Awarded to users with at least 2000 Karma.
#3blizzardrg(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2014 10:23:42 PM
If i start the game with a Sorcerer will shops sell magic equipment earlier?

And also how can i farm some respawning ghosts with magic and pyromancy in the undead crypt?
#4Jupitus66Posted 3/31/2014 10:26:49 PM
MLGS, Blue Flame reffered to in post 2, Flame Longsword, and while not a sword Magic Mace are good choices. Also Dragonrider soul weapons, bow, halbred, twinblade, are good for INT builds.
---
PSN byap37
#5blizzardrg(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2014 10:28:19 PM
How can i use boss soul to build weapon?
#6Jupitus66Posted 3/31/2014 10:37:42 PM
blizzardrg posted...
If i start the game with a Sorcerer will shops sell magic equipment earlier?

And also how can i farm some respawning ghosts with magic and pyromancy in the undead crypt?

For early game your best bet for gear is to put 20/20 int/faith and talk to the hex dude in Huntsman Copse for the gear he gives/sells you.

20 faith may be higher than you want but he will give you his set and you can always respec later.

Alternative to that would be to kill him and theoretically you could by his set from the skinny witch lady.

Also the Lizard staff is the best staff for int builds with s scaling in magic for much of the game. It will be a randomn drop from the necro mage guys in Huntsman Copse cave and the Chariot Boss fight.
---
PSN byap37
#7Jupitus66Posted 3/31/2014 10:42:02 PM
blizzardrg posted...
How can i use boss soul to build weapon?

you need to use a branch of yore to unpetrify the guy in the Lost Bastille blocking the jail cell campfire and then he will trade you for boss souls
---
PSN byap37
#8Jupitus66Posted 3/31/2014 10:46:48 PM(edited)
He also has good magic gear and will give you his set after trading four boss souls with him although that is more mid game than early.
---
PSN byap37
#9blizzardrg(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2014 10:49:32 PM
I am still at the No-Man Wharf are all these upgrades possible now?

And also should i bother to join any covenants? I am unsure of whats the purpose of joining them?
#10Mr_MassacrePosted 3/31/2014 10:54:10 PM
blizzardrg posted...
I am still at the No-Man Wharf are all these upgrades possible now?

And also should i bother to join any covenants? I am unsure of whats the purpose of joining them?

get 2 branches of yore from harvest valley, 1 for straid 1 for the pyro lady by benhart.

You need a pharos lockstone to get to straid unless you can kill the ruin sents.
---
"death created time to grow the things that it would kill"