I HATE being invaded.

#11femiwhat(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2014 9:00:30 AM
No, I really didn't choose the wrong game. I still enjoy it. I can play offline until a boss fight, then quit and summon allies. Or I can switch to online when I want to be summoned and help someone else out. It's just a frustrating process, and some of the invaders seem ridiculously over-powered, which I don't understand, because can't red invaders only invade below their level?

What I don't understand is how they can one-shot me while I can just chip away at their HP. Lag is also a problem, when they can back-stab me without being behind me, as far as I can tell.

I know that this is never going to change, but I think it should be handled differently. People who want random invasions should have the option to do that and play with each other, and people who want to play the darn game shouldn't have to go through the tedious process of quitting to go online, and then quitting to go back offline.

Also, playing offline makes you miss out on messages and blood stains, etc. I think those are more integral to the game than your ability to murder someone weak by invading.
---
"The problem with quotations on the internet is that they're not verifiable." -- Abraham Lincoln
(Profile/Quote for contact info)
#12YesmankablaamPosted 4/18/2014 9:03:04 AM
it's a balance of co-op & invasions...you hafta take the good with the bad.

try summoning people for co-op near the bonfire so when you're invaded you have a friend.
---
A person is smart. People are dumb.
PSN: Yes-Man-Kablaam
#13fruyaPosted 4/18/2014 9:05:52 AM
Whenever I get invaded I just sign out of PSN, it's easier that way. The online ban doesn't even matter since you can just use a bone of order whenever and they auto replenish at things betwixt.
---
No turkeys 'round here
#14PlasmicSoulPosted 4/18/2014 9:05:55 AM
Burn a Human Effigy or something. But this is how it is going to be. If you play online, you get both co-op and invasions. There are ways to mitigate the chances of getting invaded, but it should never be one or the other. And really, if you suck at the game you can get better. It should be no excuse to get only co-op and never get invaded.
---
To reveal the truth is to kill.
PSN: PlasmicSoul
#15Devil_Killer_JCPosted 4/18/2014 9:08:52 AM
Yesmankablaam posted...
it's a balance of co-op & invasions...you hafta take the good with the bad.

try summoning people for co-op near the bonfire so when you're invaded you have a friend.

This. Plus, you do those guys a favor too, since they too are open for invasions while they are waiting to be summoned (and it is really annoying to get invaded while waiting to be summoned).
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS, Nintendo ID: Devil_JCS, 3DS FC: 4596-9592-6480 IGN: James
biohazardmercenaries.com
#16tuznecotePosted 4/18/2014 9:20:02 AM
I am exactly the same TC. I can see why the "invasion" element is forced on us but to not have a Dark Souls/ demon souls "Bah I will stay undead because I hate/ not interest in invasions" option is flipping annoying.

I get it. People looooooooooove PvE but the people who don't have to put up with being a great build for a lone quest only to be stomped by some crazy build which you haven't got a hope in hell against because your just not interested in PvE.

Its like some fat guy jogging to lose weight and some utter ****** fitness freak training for the athletics running past and screaming at him "YOUR LOSING! I AM GOING TO WIN THIS!!"

The amount of times I am shouting. "Oh piss off I am not interested". I have even run back to near a bonfire and jumped off a cliff because I just want to get on with a boss or something. Thankfully its been rare I have been invaded.
---
Adaptability sucks.
#17tuznecotePosted 4/18/2014 9:21:39 AM
PlasmicSoul posted...
Burn a Human Effigy or something. But this is how it is going to be. If you play online, you get both co-op and invasions. There are ways to mitigate the chances of getting invaded, but it should never be one or the other. And really, if you suck at the game you can get better. It should be no excuse to get only co-op and never get invaded.

First time I got invaded I just burnt a human effigy. I thought I read it wrong for ages.
---
Adaptability sucks.
#18SpurnerPosted 4/18/2014 9:27:01 AM
I hated being invaded in the earlier games. Now, it's infrequent enough that it makes for a nice distraction. Hell, I've even managed to win, from time to time - something that almost never took place before. There is nothing more satisfying than connecting a sunlight spear with someone's face when they are moving in for the kill.
#19femiwhat(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2014 9:27:24 AM
When I get invaded, I usually quit through the PS3-button, since the in-game option doesn't work.

I have never noticed a consequence for this other than it being irritating. So I play online until I'm at the point where I'd like to summon someone, and, if I haven't succeeded in summoning help, I still quit.

I know that that's really annoying to invaders. I just don't care.
---
"The problem with quotations on the internet is that they're not verifiable." -- Abraham Lincoln
(Profile/Quote for contact info)
#20LFbrPosted 4/18/2014 9:32:58 AM
It bugs me when I'm trying to do dragon stuff in front of Iron Keep, since now I have to wait for some jerk to connect and warp in and it seriously just annoys me that it's wasting time I could be using to get dragon scales. I see the entrance fog up and just sigh, waiting. I kinda liked when you couldn't invade someone who hadn't killed an area boss yet.

Worst part is I usually beat them. If they wanted to fight they should have waited for me to put a sign down - or touched any of the others that coat the bridge constantly. Then I (or someone else) would've gotten a scale out of the exchange.
---
no