is Bat Staff + Dark Fog considered cheating ? Or is it legit ?

#1the_7_seasPosted 4/24/2014 6:53:41 AM
I think it is legit because, as a matter of fact, From made it that way (even if perhaps it was unintended).

In other terms no mods or stuff like that: the instant poison feature comes straight from the original game.

What's your opinion about that ?

Also: did the "server maintainance" of today nerfed it or not ?
#2CajunspiritPosted 4/24/2014 6:55:14 AM
Some people find it dishonourable, but it's how I got finished my Dragon covenant...
---
PSN : Seth_Mortifer
I like pancakes... a whole lot
#3Dragonbane79Posted 4/24/2014 6:55:15 AM
how many charges is it? three? so three mosses should do the trick.
---
PSN ID: Dragonbane79
#4NovaLevossidaPosted 4/24/2014 6:56:31 AM
It's legit til it gets nerfed.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter
#5Tales_of_ScottPosted 4/24/2014 6:56:52 AM
It's fine. Most folks I encounter that use the tactic think it's an instant win then get very surprised when they have traded that cast for a forbidden sun to the face and get follow up melee'd to death before the poison takes 1/2 of my hp.

I find most PvP matches end faster than my 1650ish HP drains out from poison.
---
PSN: scotman144
#6_Caker_Posted 4/24/2014 6:57:49 AM
I find it very hard to believe it was intended. It would render every other poison item in the game completely pointless, so yeah I'd consider it cheap.
#7the_7_seas(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2014 7:00:09 AM
the most experienced players use the moss indeed.

Anyway: with my Bat Staff + Dark Fog combo, plus Katana imbued with lightning and sunblade spell, and my mundane Avelyn I pose a decent threat to a good number of players at PvP.
#8applesforapplesPosted 4/24/2014 7:00:37 AM
I think you use whatever you want to use so long as you're aware it will piss people off. Although I'd like it if people didn't play in ways completely to the detriment of other players and the multiplayer in general, you're entitled to do what you want to do with your 60$.

But the "From included it in the game, so it's totally totally okay to use" argument is stupid. You can play with OP cheap tactics but dont try to rationalize it as anything different.
---
"Those who do not move do not feel their chains" - Rosa Luxembourg
PSN: productofboredum - feel free to friend me
#9shadowsofdawnPosted 4/24/2014 7:01:17 AM
the_7_seas posted...
the most experienced players use the moss indeed.

Anyway: with my Bat Staff + Dark Fog combo, plus Katana imbued with lightning and sunblade spell, and my mundane Avelyn I pose a decent threat to a good number of players at PvP.

Full Havel armor fast roll too, amirite?
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#10MercurysMessagePosted 4/24/2014 7:01:48 AM
So do I with magic mace and soul arrow :p
---
Call, it magic. Call it true.