"Stop invading my son!" - Advice Needed

#1iconiqPosted 4/27/2014 1:12:55 PM(edited)
Hello everyone,

I was invading inside the Abyss earlier today to farm some Bonfire Ascetics. I love PvP and receiving an Ascetic upon victory beats farming those Ascetics all alone by yourself.

Now I received a lot of hatemail there and usually I ignore it, but this time I didn't due to scathing remarks and... a weird excuse!?

Character Information
SL: 350
SM: Over 100m (Not leveling up)
Weapon I was using: Ruler's Sword with Resonant Buff and Sacred Oath Buff

Picture 1
http://i.imgur.com/DjOvtTg.jpg

I invaded him four times in total. He sent me his first message after I had defeated him the second time. I ignored it. After I had defeated him the third time, he sent another message as seen in picture 1. I was confused about his hostility. Usually people send one hatemail and even if you invade them again, they won't send a second hatemail (!usually!). I responded with, "????" which you can't see in picture 1.

Picture 2
http://i.imgur.com/We7DVPN.jpg

I have English and Japanese listed in my profile, and it appears that he was slightly confused about whether or not I speak English, resorting to racism. Okay, that one got to me a little since, well, I'm half Asian. I decided to respond because it seemed to me that he believed I was invading him deliberately, which I wasn't. I tried to explain to him that it is the game that chooses who I invade and not me.

Picture 3
http://i.imgur.com/7VXjPu5.jpg

Here I am asking him to stop being so hostile and acting like a child. Now this is where things get interesting. His son? I assume his son is no older than, what, 12, 13? I get it, we all played horror games when we were kids, but again, he makes it sound like I had some sort of vendetta against his son. Either he wanted to make me feel bad for invading his 12-year-old son or he was just using it as an excuse since, well, let's just say he wasn't the best and brightest player.

Picture 4
http://i.imgur.com/I5dftEr.jpg

I was trying to be reasonable and calm, but this one particularly got to me. I really hate bullies myself and I always stand up for my friends, so being called a bully made me extremely sad. I took it seriously and decided to stop playing for the rest of the day.

Any advice? Should I just ignore it and forget about it or is there anything I could say to calm him down?

Thank you in advance.

PS. I censored our names to stay anonymous and I also censored foul language.
#2McJephPosted 4/27/2014 12:47:58 PM
iconiq posted...
I was invading inside the Abyss earlier today to farm some Bonfire Ascetics. I love PvP and receiving an Ascetic upon victory beats farming those Ascetics all alone by yourself.

...wait, what?
---
PSN:PhadedWun
Lurking in the Shadows..
#3London-SVPosted 4/27/2014 12:48:31 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4_wwKd_Posted 4/27/2014 12:48:34 PM
It's a game. Don't feel bad. You aren't a bully. It wasn't like as you said. You didn't do it on purpose.

/topic
---
FC: 0275 8437 0586
Pokemon Safari: Vullaby Cacturne Sableye
#5yenVancyPosted 4/27/2014 12:48:36 PM
Might I suggest not invading his son anymore? Lol
#6ObbyDentPosted 4/27/2014 12:48:44 PM
Ignore the guy, No use feeling guilty. He shouldn't be playing a game who's tagline is "prepare to die", if the kid can't mentally handle getting his ass kicked.

You did nothing wrong man. You're just playing the game.
#7Silvar19Posted 4/27/2014 12:48:49 PM
My advice is to keep invading the abyss. That is some high quality hatemail. Congratz.
#8Gwyns_BeardPosted 4/27/2014 12:49:04 PM
I'd have hoped to keep invading him. If his dad won't teach him that life won't just stop bothering you if you ask, maybe you should.
It was also just him.

This is also awesome.
---
You failed to walk with the reapers. Now you shall burn with the saints
#9McJephPosted 4/27/2014 12:49:41 PM
So wait.

Invading in there nets you an ascetic?
---
PSN:PhadedWun
Lurking in the Shadows..
#10iconiq(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2014 12:51:34 PM
yenVancy posted...
Might I suggest not invading his son anymore? Lol

I felt really terrible when I invaded him the fourth time. I was about to commit suicide when he all of a sudden started attacking me. That got me another Ascetic.

Gwyns_Beard posted...
I'd have hoped to keep invading him. If his dad won't teach him that life won't just stop bothering you if you ask, maybe you should.
It was also just him.

This is also awesome.

Haha, well, meh. I guess I'll just crystal out next time... IF there will be a next time.