This patch reveals that Dark Souls 2 is probably more broken than Dark Souls

#1ManOfSteel1987Posted 7/11/2014 7:34:47 PM
Basically altering every item, spell, and mechanic in the game.

Heavy armor is becoming more useless than it already was. First, no poise - now lower defense.

Increased tracking and fewer uses on spells? So make PVP worse and PVE more tedious?

lol every weapon in the game is getting damage increased? I guess killing every non-boss character in 2-3 hits is too many?

Thinking back to Dark Souls, the only patches that really stuck out with me are the Dark Wood Grain Ring and scaling damage.
#2Gwyns_BeardPosted 7/11/2014 7:36:29 PM
At least they are pro-actively working to fix it.
---
Tour de force, tour de force, de facto
Ayachuco, Ayachuco, Ayachuco.
#3ManOfSteel1987(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 7:39:11 PM
Gwyns_Beard posted...
At least they are pro-actively working to fix it.

What is it that they are fixing?

Start by making scaling more viable, poise remotely viable, etc.
#4Cvdf3Posted 7/11/2014 7:45:24 PM
they are reducing the time you are stunned during combos, buffing poise on heavy armor while reducing it's DEF, and increasing scaling

I'm not sold yet but it -sounds- like they are moving in the right direction anyway
---
http://i.imgur.com/NFZfMsA.jpg [] http://kayin.pyoko.org/?p=2249
#5ManOfSteel1987(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 7:48:48 PM
Cvdf3 posted...
they are reducing the time you are stunned during combos, buffing poise on heavy armor while reducing it's DEF, and increasing scaling

I'm not sold yet but it -sounds- like they are moving in the right direction anyway

Need source on first statement. I did not see this in anything I read.
#6Drain_BeadPosted 7/11/2014 7:52:47 PM
Dark Souls could've used some better patches for sure.
---
"The users of this board do not need to know how to make cannabis butter. If this type of behavior continues, you will be banned." - GamefaqsAdmin
#7tlnPosted 7/11/2014 7:53:45 PM
Cvdf3 posted...

I think poise should dictate how many combos you can get hit by with different weapon classes having different minimum amount of combos. For example, the minimum combo for greatswords could be two hits while daggers could get three hits. I do not want to see any poisestabbing so the first hit should always stun IMO. I am not in favor of reducing the (physical) defense on heavy armor. It would be much better to nerf the elemental defense on the Havel set and increase the elemental defense on other sets so that more armor sets are viable. In particular, they should try to differentiate the strengths and weaknesses of the armor sets as much as possible.
#8ChocoboDreamsPosted 7/11/2014 8:01:21 PM
ManOfSteel1987 posted...
Basically altering every item, spell, and mechanic in the game.

Heavy armor is becoming more useless than it already was. First, no poise - now lower defense.

Increased tracking and fewer uses on spells? So make PVP worse and PVE more tedious?

lol every weapon in the game is getting damage increased? I guess killing every non-boss character in 2-3 hits is too many?

Thinking back to Dark Souls, the only patches that really stuck out with me are the Dark Wood Grain Ring and scaling damage.

Fog Ring sticks out to me. I don't care what anybody else says, it was annoying when literally everybody I ran into had a Fog Ring.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#9BurnsDepartmentPosted 7/11/2014 8:01:40 PM
No poise? Ha! I've used the Pursuer's Ultra Greatsword with about 95 poise for hundreds of fights, and I can tell you that poise is bloody useful.

A very good percentage of my hits are due to poising through the enemy's strikes, and when I fight a turtle, I often poise through every swing they make. Poise is extremely useful to me, possibly due to my using a weapon that takes advantage of it.

Also, if heavy armour is useless, I'd have to wonder why it's the current meta. Heavy armour can more than halve incoming physical damage, and with high VIT, it barely impedes you. I have 52% weight at SL150 with Looking Glass legs and arms, a Gyrm Greathelm and 24.0 weight of weaponry.

I really don't get how that's useless.
---
Previously corrected a lot, now in-sig; I'm not a he. Official Pursuer's Ultra Greatsword of GameFAQs.
PSN ID: MillipedeBrain
#10nubs222Posted 7/11/2014 8:03:06 PM
Judging the patch before it even takes effect. That doesn't make sense.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnnyBGoode1122?feature=mhee
PSN: The_Despair_