This patch reveals that Dark Souls 2 is probably more broken than Dark Souls

#31burst6Posted 7/12/2014 3:54:06 PM
DJ_0000 posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...
Fog Ring sticks out to me. I don't care what anybody else says, it was annoying when literally everybody I ran into had a Fog Ring.

If they patched the Fog Ring back to it's original state in DkS1 with 1.06 it would not be a problem because most people were used to unlocked play by that point, the only reason it was ever an issue was because most people didn't know how to fight without lock on in the early days of the game.

This brings me to a big issue with DkS2 that will never be fixed, unlocked pay and swing control. They can release as many balance patches as they want but they need to fix the fundamentals for this game to really take a positive turn.

What's the problem? In DS1 unlocked play was required to move faster in combat and aim weapons. This time around you can sprint anywhere you want and heavier weapons can be aimed while locked on.
#32BOforyourDOPosted 7/14/2014 7:04:32 PM(edited)
I agree with DJ, I miss the ability to start a g'axe or g'hammer power attack facing forward and then unlock and hit your left thumb stick down to completely change the direction of your swing to behind you and catch a roll bs'er.

However in dark souls 2 you can do this by swinging forward, and if they roll behind you flip around and parry, most of the time you can land it.
---
I used to be an estus chugger like you. Then I took a Lloyd's in the knee.
PSN: BOforyourDO
#33AN0MOLYDSPosted 7/14/2014 6:26:32 PM
Why are we arguing? Just enjoy the game and let them update it as they please. Your opinion isn't going to change that.
---
FC - 1091 - 9429 - 5717
#34Snipa_Wulf12Posted 7/17/2014 11:42:24 AM
DJ_0000 posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...
Fog Ring sticks out to me. I don't care what anybody else says, it was annoying when literally everybody I ran into had a Fog Ring.

If they patched the Fog Ring back to it's original state in DkS1 with 1.06 it would not be a problem because most people were used to unlocked play by that point, the only reason it was ever an issue was because most people didn't know how to fight without lock on in the early days of the game.

This brings me to a big issue with DkS2 that will never be fixed, unlocked play and swing control. They can release as many balance patches as they want but they need to fix the fundamentals for this game to really take a positive turn.

Those aren't really broken. Just different system. I can understand not liking it though. Personally I feel as though they made it possible to have a style similar to DKS1 unlocked play while still getting the benefit being locked on. I used to play unlocked in dks1, and now I play locked on in dks2 and it doesn't really bother me much. I kind of like the lock on system.
---
The sensual lust of violence is all the assurance you will ever need to know that you are truly alive. -The Heart of Darkness