Should the "Everyone is Equal" policy be scrubbed?

#1Sailor_RazorPosted 7/14/2014 7:18:14 PM(edited)
Should the "Everyone is Equal" policy be scrubbed? - Results (29 votes)
Yes.
41.38% (12 votes)
No.
58.62% (17 votes)
This poll is now closed.
As it is, classes mean very little in the long run. A Sorcerer can spec into a melee attacker, and a Swordsman can become a Hexer. Should later games scrub this policy by adding varieties that have solid, permanent effects? Such as a "Fenito" race that has a permanent bonus to Dark Adjust, and a permanent harsh penalty to Fire Adjust, with softer penalties to Magic and Faith and average physical abilities. Playable Gyrms/Dwarves, which have massive flowing beards and a hard, static boost to all their physical attributes while being lousy at every sort of magic. Finally aside from Humans (who are average), there are Gremlins, who are shorter (though not to an extent that a majority of attacks will miss), have increased magical abilities across the board, and while quick have a lousy physical offensive and are flimsy, unable to reasonably wear heavy armor. Agdayne is a Fenito, Gavlan is a Gyrm, and Titchy Gren is a Gremlin.

Also, Humans and Fenito have at most 10 natural Attunement Slots. Gyrm have 6, and Gremlins have 14. Hard cap is still 14, so that just means Gremlins don't need the Southern Ritual Band +2 and Black Witch Hat to get all their slots open at once, but still need a ton of Attunement.
#2SynclawPosted 7/14/2014 7:18:02 PM
you go make the next game then
---
PSN: Synclaw
Feel free to add me. Really.
#3PRlDE17Posted 7/14/2014 7:21:24 PM
Hey guyz letz discuzz thiz for realz. No trollz. Thiz iz a good topic
#4NashandraPosted 7/14/2014 7:22:07 PM
No
---
Now, be one, with the Dark...
#5NashandraPosted 7/14/2014 7:23:31 PM(edited)
PRlDE17 posted...
Hey guyz letz discuzz thiz for realz. No trollz. Thiz iz a good topic

Sounds like the Turtlez from Tales of Graces
---
Now, be one, with the Dark...
#6YoungsimbaPosted 7/14/2014 7:23:27 PM
Synclaw posted...
you go make the next game then

That's a well thought out response.

That's how I thought it was going to be when I was introduced to Dar Souls. I think they shouldn't with the main series, but should make a less-budgeted game to see how it pans out.
#7PHoToS999Posted 7/14/2014 7:40:25 PM
Not at all. A big part of the story is "you are the chosen undead." There's no need to change it to "you are the chosen dwarf," "you are the chosen hobbit," "you are the chosen fenito," "you are the chosen turd I s*** the other night."

A lot of the game's essence comes from saying "you are not a special snowflake."
---
Silvy owns my pants...and my soul.
Visit my Youtube Channel for Dark Souls (1&2) and League of Legends stuff: https://www.youtube.com/user/TeHPHoBoS999
#8Sailor_Razor(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2014 7:42:37 PM
Anyone can Hollow.
#9almightydunPosted 7/14/2014 7:45:00 PM
I voted yes. But only to the question. The rest of the post is nonsense. Implement an actual level cap and disallow respecs.
---
DO NOT BE ASHAMED FOR PLAYING VIDEO GAMES.
Embrace the experience and share it with everyone you can.
#10Pride17Posted 7/14/2014 7:45:06 PM
PHoToS999 posted...
Not at all. A big part of the story is "you are the chosen undead." There's no need to change it to "you are the chosen dwarf," "you are the chosen hobbit," "you are the chosen fenito," "you are the chosen turd I s*** the other night."

A lot of the game's essence comes from saying "you are not a special snowflake."

My mother always told me I was one in a million