"Good Level Design"

#1Gwyns_BeardPosted 7/23/2014 4:05:58 AM
About 10/15 minutes in and already found a spot where the only option to get away is die or bone out.

This is not good level design. It just isn't. It doesn't make the whole place bad, but it shows that the people who made this game have no understanding about what made the Dark Souls level design so special.

Seriously, they need to stop having those spots.
---
Tour de force, tour de force, de facto
Ayachuco, Ayachuco, Ayachuco.
#2SNESdude11Posted 7/23/2014 4:08:35 AM
I think I know which place you're talking about. Yeah, it is pretty stupid.
#3Frostheat_22Posted 7/23/2014 4:08:48 AM
Do you need the ashen mist heart to enter the DLC? If so, then you should have a feather with you. That still doesn't excuse the bad level design, though.
---
PSN: Frostheat_22------------------3DS FC: 3566 1658 5247
"You would probably do better in pvp if you didn't take advice from your mom." - WATAUGACJ
#4Vajina_RedesignPosted 7/23/2014 4:08:54 AM
can you tell us this "spot"?
#5Gwyns_Beard(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 4:11:19 AM
Frostheat_22 posted...
Do you need the ashen mist heart to enter the DLC? If so, then you should have a feather with you. That still doesn't excuse the bad level design, though.

No, you just need to beat the rotten to get into this section. There is a memory you can access in a different location you need the AMH for, though.

Vajina_Redesign posted...
can you tell us this "spot"?

Forgive my harsh descirptions as I've only been there once, but at the second stone obelisk type thingy that you hit to make the podium thingy come up, if you hit it, run onto the podium as it's going down and go down all the way, come off and head right.

You come on to a bit of land with a Long Bow +7 I think it was and no way off except down towards death or use of a bone.
---
#6Da DoodPosted 7/23/2014 4:12:00 AM
What spot were you stuck at? I didn't have any trouble finding my way around. I never rolled onto the lower platforms on the sunken city towers, though, 'cause I figured there would be no way out. The place is open enough that you should be able to judge height and distance.
---
And this time!
#7Da DoodPosted 7/23/2014 4:13:31 AM
There's definitely a way out of the Long Bow+7 place. I can't recall exactly but I grabbed the item and never died/teleported.
---
And this time!
#8Drain_BeadPosted 7/23/2014 4:13:31 AM
You mean like some of the spots in Dark Souls?

All you do is complain.
---
"The users of this board do not need to know how to make cannabis butter. If this type of behavior continues, you will be banned." - GamefaqsAdmin
#9VoortheysPosted 7/23/2014 4:14:47 AM
This is exactly what I thought, lol. This DLC is so bad... My only hope lies in the Ivory King.

I played it on PC already, so I won't spoil, but one boss fight is utterly ridiculous
#10Gwyns_Beard(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 4:15:06 AM
Drain_Bead posted...
All you do is complain.

Untrue
---