False King Chronicles Part 5.

#1IamChaChaPosted 7/29/2014 9:40:05 AM(edited)
Part1:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/693331-dark-souls-ii/69647306

Part 2:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/693331-dark-souls-ii/69664664

Part 3:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/693331-dark-souls-ii/69687499

Part 4:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/693331-dark-souls-ii/69714269

Plot Summary (Spoilers)

With the Splinter Demon and Mad Cat under his belt, Quinn is more powerful than he's ever been, but the challenges of the tower of Alatria have proven perplexing. The Archer Astrid has been found unharmed, and the mysterious pyromancer Anastas seems to have a lot in common with our little Destrian. Quinn has decided to tackle the boss of the tower alone. Though he didn't die, he is currently facing Frere Arthur for the second time. Stamina has been a problem for Quinn ever since he equipped his new ring, but the sheer amount of souls he'd gain from vanquishing the foe would more than make up for it. Quinn has the boss' inherent weakness to magic going for him...but will it be enough?

<Combat Mode engaged>

50/50 accepted. Two malignant choices will be removed

[A]
[B]
[C]Hmm...the quake didn't do anything out of the ordinary, but perhaps if I was running I'd have lost my balance. Perhaps he finds me too nimble....<Continue to strafe and see what he does>
[D]Perhaps he summoned Something! He's still at range and weak to magic. I must not be fooled <Fire Great Soul arrow>
[E]I need to keep on the offensive and not give him a chance to get anything started. But my stamina'a low...<Pause, then fire exactly one Soul arrow>
[F]So you're still weak to magic? How about a concealed magic dagger!<Use item: aromatic ooze. Conceal dagger and bait him into coming near>
[G]Override: 100
[H]50/50: 500

Positioning
[1]Strafe clockwise
[2]Strafe counter clockwise
[3]
[4]

Rings
[X][X][X][ ]

Wooden Spike Staff
Roguish Dagger
Armor:Robes of the New Order
Spells Attuned: Soul Arrow(6)
Great Soul Arrow: (15)
Crystal Soul Spear
Homing Crystal Soul Mass
Titanite Shard x3
Lifegem (x10)
Amber herb
Family Crest(head)
Family Crest(torso)
Homeward Bone x2
Aromatic Ooze

Inventory weight
[||||||||||||||||||||||||\||||||||||||||||||||||||||||\|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||]

Quinn Souls:28540

User inventory:
Steveo4183:5000
Jemoai:4800
Django03:11000[Vote of sanctity x1][Greater Malevolent Gemstone]
XShingetsuX:2800[Overwrite Gem x1]
Darkangel4444[Overwrite gem x1]
Biorr:3000
Cscof:2000
Snizlito:3500
Reah Thorolund: 2000
Spanishbob: 1000
Evil Worm:10550[Radiant Gem of Chance x2][Overwrite Gem][Malevolent Gemstone]
---
If Jimmy's mom had four children, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, what is the fourth ones name?
#2BoBricketPosted 7/29/2014 9:39:24 AM
I'm thinking D2 might be our best bet, but I doubt he summoned something. What you think guys?
---
You can dream a little dream or you can live a little dream, I'd rather live it, cuz dreamers always chase but never get it.
Psn: BoBricket Alt Psn: SiblangWo
#3Evil_WormPosted 7/29/2014 9:39:43 AM
Last 3 posts of the previous topic.

Evil_Worm posted...
Hmm, so expecting something to fall from above is a no no, and standing still was also a bad idea. Hmm.

So, it's either C or E. What do you guys think? Also not sure which direction to move. Maybe counter clockwise now, so we'll not end up getting too close to the throne.

<Edit>I don't like spending too much stamina on him, nor do I like the idea of baiting him into melee range, because he seems to outclass us by a large margin. </Edit>.

Jemoai posted...
Either D or E. We should definitely keep attacking to keep him at bay.

As for movement, I'd say 2, as further moving clockwise would take us to the thrones.

Glad we agree on the movement part. D seems bad, because there is no regard to our low stamina, and there is nothing to even hint that this guy can summon. For an anti magic guy, this seems out of the blue.

ReahThorolund posted...
Oh thank god for that... I was thinking A or B lmao.
I don't like D because it ties in the idea of summoning, which I have no reason to believe.
iirc melee were malignant option before, that leaves C or E.
C basically is A which was removed.

I am not going to pick E yet, but that's what I'm looking at.

The difference between C and A is on who we concentrated out attention, A was watching the roof, C is watching him.
And I agree that E looks the best, but still waiting before picking. Prefer to hear out more opinions.
---
Do you not know how to use Google? You search "[actress name] naked" and naked pictures show up. - brimicbed
#4BoBricketPosted 7/29/2014 9:40:34 AM
what if the boss picks up a burr or gmb? wed be totally screwed
---
You can dream a little dream or you can live a little dream, I'd rather live it, cuz dreamers always chase but never get it.
Psn: BoBricket Alt Psn: SiblangWo
#5SnizlitoPosted 7/29/2014 9:43:06 AM
I say F for the witty one liner. This story needs more one liners. Not a vote.
---
PSN-SOMD_LOVE
"It's judgement day you filthy and murderous pigs"- Knives Out!
#6JemoaiPosted 7/29/2014 9:43:43 AM
Yeah Worm, E is probably the best. I really dislike C because it doesn't put any pressure on him and that is always bad in a fight.

So can we all agree on E2?
---
Please, call me Jem.
http://i.imgur.com/Wcr1hfR.jpg
#7SnizlitoPosted 7/29/2014 9:44:10 AM
And use the throne as a shield. He's already aggressive, maybe he will be scared to hurt the throne.
---
PSN-SOMD_LOVE
#8XShingetsuXPosted 7/29/2014 9:44:36 AM
Yeah I agree with E but C doesnt look half bad either. Idk do you guys wana play it safe?
#9Evil_WormPosted 7/29/2014 9:45:06 AM
I guess so, Jem.

Vote E2.
---
Do you not know how to use Google? You search "[actress name] naked" and naked pictures show up. - brimicbed
#10SnizlitoPosted 7/29/2014 9:45:14 AM
Oh snap, I left out Jem before. He can be Terry Crews. Sorry bro!
---
PSN-SOMD_LOVE