Can we just admit that dark souls 1 had a much higher skill ceiling?

#1FireTempest64Posted 8/1/2014 7:35:04 PM
Dark Souls 1 had Roll BS, Counter BS, Dead Angling, and it forced you to consider poise. Dark Souls 2 has/does none of those things
#2Unf0rgettablePosted 8/1/2014 7:42:30 PM
Those didn't require skill tho
---
No.
#3Balloon-GirlPosted 8/1/2014 7:44:34 PM
Assuming Dark Souls takes skill to play in the first place.

It essentially boils down to "who can out cheese the other".
---
Had enough money to get a boob job or my tooth fixed. I think I made the right decision because nobody looks me in the face anymore.
#4illmatic8Posted 8/1/2014 7:45:26 PM
I disagree and if you truly care about that play a fighting game.
---
PSN: nesmar
#5culchulachPosted 8/1/2014 7:54:38 PM
FireTempest64 posted...
Dark Souls 1 had Roll BS, Counter BS, Dead Angling, and it forced you to consider poise. Dark Souls 2 has/does none of those things

You're right. But the back stab was broke as f***. Dark2 PvP is not perfect but better than dark1s.
---
GUTS! RATS! PITS!
#6newjerseyplayerPosted 8/1/2014 7:55:04 PM
You're a cute one, FireTempest64. Mind pleasing me? How much for one night? 2 Quarters? Or maybe 3?

On a serious note, Roll BS is like riding a bike. Pick it up, and it makes walking obsolete, but doesn't really require much skill past being able to learn how to perform it.

Counter BS is a cute term created to add fighting game logic, terminology, and justification to landing a Backstab. I haven't heard this one in a while, so I acknowledge that I may be wrong in assuming that it is landing a BS after a failed BS attempt, in which case it becomes nothing more than out-maneuvering, which is essentially the core of any game with PvP.

Dead Angling is using a "glitched" game mechanic to your advantage to negate the viability of shields, and in turn basically removing that threat from the one who dead angles. So unless skill relates to a fundamental concept of aiming without lock-on, I don't see the skill. I'm terribad at PvP, and I can Dead Angle.

"Considering Poise" means nothing when it's a game of which gets me more poise for the equip burden, and since there are pre-determined breakpoints for poise, this "consideration" requires a third grade reading level, basic ability in subtraction and addition, and the ability to use a computer to access a build planner to check if you're within your wanted parameters.

Smellytown Rant.
---
{]xxxx[}::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::> PSN: rjlikestv
Yes I believe in Jesus Christ. He is our Saviour.
#7Cvdf3Posted 8/1/2014 8:06:52 PM
Balloon-Girl posted...
Assuming Dark Souls takes skill to play in the first place.

It essentially boils down to "who can out cheese the other".

This is accurate... and it it was fun.. and against another person who could play well, it was definitely hard. Dark Souls skill ceiling may have made a midget duck but 2's is non-existant.
---
~ http://i.imgur.com/mLNPmSP.jpg ~
#8Pride17Posted 8/1/2014 8:08:18 PM
If by Dark Souls you mean Pride17 sure
#9Nick_Chaos007Posted 8/1/2014 8:09:34 PM
Unf0rgettable posted...
Those didn't require skill tho

---
Kill one man, You're a murderer. Kill 1,000 men, You're a king. Kill them all....and You're a god!
http://tinyurl.com/ks99occ
#10newjerseyplayerPosted 8/1/2014 8:10:50 PM
Dark Souls II requires a midgebit of skill, imo.

inb4s***stormbecausewe'reallentitledtoourownopinionsokayfriendskawaidesu :D

Dark Souls II, I worry a lot more about being hit than in Dark Souls 1, because I could poise through certain attacks. I play much more defensively, and as my offensive opportunities are lessened, I make use of skill and make the best of each opportunity.

I may not be flip happy, because mobility and constant movement =/= skill, I like to think of Dark Souls II as a mindgame, which is essentially a different type of skill than Dark Souls 1's reaction based quick thinking kind of gameplay.
---
{]xxxx[}::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::> PSN: rjlikestv
Yes I believe in Jesus Christ. He is our Saviour.