Running is becoming a huge nuisance in pvp

#1Nick_Chaos007Posted 8/3/2014 12:43:10 PM
Before there was bat fog. Someone runs at least you have consistent damage on them and are constantly giving chase to get them when they use a cure.

Now...nothing. Maybe its just a cultural thing because its 100% Japanese players who do this, its almost as frustrating as a gank. Maybe more so in some cases because you're kicking their ass but you'll never be able to kill them.

They're all the same. BS protection, usually jesters with havels gauntlets and legs. So they have good defense, but there's nothing stopping them from healng. Pop Elizabeth mushroom and literally just run around the map. Go up a ladder, drop down, go back up. The area next to McDuff's bonfire, I had a host run all through that area, through the door by McDuff and around a corner which literally gives you complete protection to attack someone, up the ladder leading to the other bonfire and heide knight. Do 600+ damage per swing, but with no BS so there is nothing preventing them from healing. Run around a corner. Estus, run up a ladder, estus, drop down, run back up. Pop Elizabeth mushroom and more estus. You can heal 100% even with someone close to you through estus, this went on for close to 10 minutes until I just quit. I ran out of spells and my weapon broke so F*** it. AND THE BEST PART! If they're low enough on HP and estus while you BS them, the Estus that was going to heal them to more than 100% heals the damage of the BS mid BS.

When the f*** did running become universally more powerful then anything else in this game? Its right up there with a corner of a wall being more powerful then god. Jesus was a carpenter, maybe that's it!
---
Kill one man, You're a murderer. Kill 1,000 men, You're a king. Kill them all....and You're a god!
http://tinyurl.com/ks99occ
#2NashandraPosted 8/3/2014 12:43:56 PM
Blinding Bolt
---
Now, be one, with the Dark...
#3MC_Knight01Posted 8/3/2014 1:04:18 PM
This is a serious problem, I encounter it quite a few times. One of the worst parts are players literally running all the way to a bonfire to summon help. I had someone run from sinners rest all the way back to the soldiers quarter bonfire once.

Nothing, nothing can stop them. I have a lot of stamina and use light weight gear but they all out run me. Its soooo easy to turn a corner and heal back to 100%. That s*** drives me nuts! Frankly I don't see how anyone ever dies to invaders with estus and Elizabeth mushrooms. Oh god, to hell with Elizabeth mushrooms! Can farm 6 in a few minutes easily. Get 3 each time you farm dragons aerie too. Just awful.

backstab protection is the worst. I F***ING HATE IT!
---
The PvP Code: More like "guidelines" than actual rules
#4GSenjouPosted 8/3/2014 1:17:30 PM(edited)
Running is pretty lame, for sure, but I'm more curious about what goes through the minds of people who constantly back away while they're already 30+ ft. away from me. I can't be the only one who's run into these types right?

Edit: Oh, nevermind, you're talking about invasions.

Invasions aren't duels, if running means living, then more power to them. You're in their world, hence, their rules.
#5LOOOPSPosted 8/3/2014 1:12:32 PM
I always wear Jester's armor, simply because when I get backstabbed, it's AFTER I have rolled away, and I think it's dumb that it takes away almost all of your health.

As for people running away, get over it. You're there to grief them, if they're annoying you, they're doing it right.
---
I'm looking for Animal Crossing Friends, just got the game. PM me!
FC: 1864-9707-5038
#6Nick_Chaos007(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2014 1:13:33 PM
LOOOPS posted...
I always wear Jester's armor, simply because when I get backstabbed, it's AFTER I have rolled away, and I think it's dumb that it takes away almost all of your health.

As for people running away, get over it. You're there to grief them, if they're annoying you, they're doing it right.

Everything you said leaves me to believe you shouldn't be playing online period. If you think people who are invading are griefing, you shouldn't be playing this game.
---
Kill one man, You're a murderer. Kill 1,000 men, You're a king. Kill them all....and You're a god!
http://tinyurl.com/ks99occ
#7wentouchPosted 8/3/2014 1:13:38 PM
I'll admit to recently taking up this habit but only cause Sanctum is so fun with all the traps and obstacles, us dem shoes.

Really though, if a player invests more to stamina then say other attributes, can't blame that player for taking advantage of the character's strengths.

It does get old though.
#8Sens-Hangar_18Posted 8/3/2014 1:13:39 PM
Ask yourself this, If you were getting beat up irl and you see an opportunity to flee, what do you do? Run away and look for a different way to tackle the situation or just die?
---
Hardest man on gameFAQs
#9wentouchPosted 8/3/2014 1:13:58 PM
I'll admit to recently taking up this habit but only cause Sanctum is so fun with all the traps and obstacles, us dem shoes.

Really though, if a player invests more to stamina then say other attributes, can't blame that player for taking advantage of the character's strengths.

It does get old though.
#10MC_Knight01Posted 8/3/2014 1:14:15 PM
When did pvp become griefing? haha.
---
The PvP Code: More like "guidelines" than actual rules