What's something Demon's Souls did the best?

#1DemolatorzPosted 8/22/2014 10:29:59 PM
Out of all the mechanics, environments, storytelling, etc, what features did Demon's Souls do the best job of implementing over the other two souls games?

Personally, I haven't actually played it, so I can't quite say.
---
Currently Playin': Tales of Graces F, Persona 3 FES, Persona 4, Okami HD.
Anticipating: Xillia 2, Watch Dogs, Pokemon, Smash Bros, Mario Kart.
#2bacterialtacoPosted 8/22/2014 10:32:30 PM
Best worst backstab animation.
---
I'm ugly and I'm proud.
#3BlabadonPosted 8/22/2014 10:33:29 PM
The atmosphere can crush you
---
Playing Virtue's Last Reward before 999? Don't. Please, for the sake of everything, don't. My crusade around the internet to spread this truth goes on.
#4BiorrPosted 8/22/2014 10:36:39 PM
People tend to agree Demon's Souls is dripping with atmosphere. I throw my hat into the ring of best NPC's. Yurt, Urbain, Ostrava, Freke...Yuria.
---
How could a Demon ever stand up to a Bonafide Knight?
Official Gyrm Greataxe of Dark Souls II
#5_Caker_Posted 8/22/2014 10:48:37 PM
Invasions and summoning. Infinite use stones from practically the start. No crappy covenants. Made things much more fun for everyone.
---
I disagree.
#6G_I_B_B_O_NPosted 8/22/2014 11:23:08 PM
"Atmosphere"

Demons souls had the best atmosphere

Dark souls 1 had the best environments and enemy designs

Dark souls 2 has the most fluid gameplay by far but it lacks the "personality" that the other two have. The sounds, the "mood" etc

Kinda hard to explain. Demons souls had the least amount of variety in enemy design and environments but for some reason the way it's set up made it way more memorable.
#7MrSmi7hPosted 8/22/2014 11:30:18 PM
Everything.
---
My Murakumo duel vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=and0qFN4cpI
#8NashandraPosted 8/22/2014 11:31:13 PM
Best building design: buildings actually built like real buildings and Boletaria Palace is the best and most detailed example of this when compared to anything found in Dark Souls games

Coolest boss mechanics: pretty much every boss had a unique feature or gimmick unique to them

Best moveset for weapons

Hyper armor > poise

Beat game endings: the endings actually tell you what happens

Etc
---
Now, be one, with the Dark...
#9HazelrahFireflyPosted 8/22/2014 11:33:55 PM
Best atmosphere and level design by far; the places all really felt like locations and environments. At almost no point did I think, "This sure just feels like a pointless corridor." A feeling I got sometimes in DkS, and 99% of the time in DkS2.

I also have to submit a vote for best NPCs and their accompanying voice actors. Hearing Yurt in that cage, or Astraea requesting that you leave, are lines I will never forget.

The amors are also the best designed, albeit with their near futility in PvP.
#10DelectableTearsPosted 8/22/2014 11:35:53 PM
Not much beyond atmosphere as has been noted.

This doesn't really count, but the community was better then, which is kinda a given since it was smaller.
---
http://i.imgur.com/w3wERdl.jpg