The luck factor in this game is really killing it for me...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. The luck factor in this game is really killing it for me...
11 months ago#1
Anyone else hate how enemy aggression works? Or how the game almost forces you to grind souls to get past certain areas?

I beat dark souls 1 with a lvl 5 or 6?, most enemies in ds1 were challenging, but it was more or less fair. Now it seems like you walk into an area and the game decides if it wants to send 5 nearly impossible to kill foes at you, you die and retry and it decides to send 1 and makes it easy.

Kind of annoying. Never noticed this in ds1.
---
A game of league just feels weird when you don't have to report anyone afterwards. - Coxydon
11 months ago#2
Never noticed this here.
---
FC: 0189 - 9442 - 1365 IGN: Nero
I am forever grateful to Synclaw, he's the bestest c:
11 months ago#3
Prepare your anus.
11 months ago#4
ViaTKO posted...
Prepare your anus.

It is well prepared.

Guess I should say this game is by far the best to come out this year, and I'm loving it, it just gets on my nerves, on occasion.
---
A game of league just feels weird when you don't have to report anyone afterwards. - Coxydon
11 months ago#5
I don't think youd consider that luck. It's more just you learning the game layout. Yea it can seem unfair, but after a couple of deaths as long as you play it smart you can use the area to your advantage.
---
PSN: viujde243 / 26 Ranger need RC's
PSN: TyrTheBrave / 59 Sorcerer
11 months ago#6
fraki1023 posted...
I don't think youd consider that luck. It's more just you learning the game layout. Yea it can seem unfair, but after a couple of deaths as long as you play it smart you can use the area to your advantage.

Maybe.

But for example, I walked into the hunters copse and 4 of those tougher enemies (the ones chilling on the pillers) jump down and attack me.

I slowly go back, after being mutilated, and only 1 jumps down, continuously. I defeat them and move.

Next time I'm here I do the same thing, slowly walk towards 1, but all 4 jump down and destroy me...

It's a bit random, imo.
---
11 months ago#7
If the game were too easy it would be a bore.
---
PSN kaii23
11 months ago#8
Deathx113 posted...
fraki1023 posted...

Maybe.

But for example, I walked into the hunters copse and 4 of those tougher enemies (the ones chilling on the pillers) jump down and attack me.

I slowly go back, after being mutilated, and only 1 jumps down, continuously. I defeat them and move.

Next time I'm here I do the same thing, slowly walk towards 1, but all 4 jump down and destroy me...

It's a bit random, imo.

It's not random, whether 1 or the whole group comes down is determined by distance. Once the first one is dead you can get slightly closer without triggering the whole group.
---
FC: 0189 - 9442 - 1365 IGN: Nero
I am forever grateful to Synclaw, he's the bestest c:
11 months ago#9
Deathx113 posted...
fraki1023 posted...

Maybe.

It's a bit random, imo.

yea sometimes s*it like that happens which is the case where the game can be a real pain in the *ss.
---
PSN: viujde243 / 26 Ranger need RC's
PSN: TyrTheBrave / 59 Sorcerer
11 months ago#10
The executioner guys all have very specific reaction ranges, I've never had them attack at once unless I or a phantom when too far ahead.

fraki1023 posted...
I don't think youd consider that luck. It's more just you learning the game layout.

This is spot on.
---
http://i.imgur.com/w3wERdl.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. The luck factor in this game is really killing it for me...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived