Are the dlc's really as hard as people are saying?

#1xXDarkxIdealsXxPosted 9/3/2014 9:04:13 PM
I keep hearing people saying that they did the dlc's at sl100-120+ ish in NG and got their a** kicked, is it really that hard? like if I go to sunken king with my sl90 on NG will I just git rekt?
#2FreauxPosted 9/3/2014 9:07:00 PM
You'll do just fine, seriously. Only thing you gotta worry about is the high poise of sunken king enemies, and close grouping of iron king enemies.

Youll probably want it to be harder, honestly
---
PSN: Fre_aux
#3fallenangel2100Posted 9/3/2014 9:09:24 PM
The challenge routes yes are freaking evil but otherwise no they arent that bad
---
Psn-Godkuma
#4kaii23Posted 9/3/2014 9:11:02 PM
At first it is. Then you learn. Then you git gud. Once you go back to the non-dlc areas, they'll be shockingly easy to you.
---
PSN kaii23
#5Death_BornPosted 9/3/2014 9:11:38 PM
I was able to complete them on NG++ so they can't be that hard in NG. The only thing I haven't been able to beat was the Iron Keep challenge route.
#6JlnglrzPosted 9/3/2014 9:13:30 PM
Use bleed in sunken king, no joke, and the dlc becomes really easy
---
GT: jlnglrz
#7ReahThorolundPosted 9/3/2014 9:13:51 PM
For sunken... the mobs suck for dumb difficulty. I was actually a bit baffled when fighting them, as I didn't know how to approach in melee, so I got a lot of trades, and they're built to come out on top of trades -_-.

It's the bosses though... if you're going into sunken, you better hope to god that people still have their signs down for the bosses, because imho, the game summons were only decent for one fight, ok'ish sorta for the other, and just completely rubbish for other fight... if they even make it there. You will need the summons... they're not something you can feasibly solo in NG+ and upwards.

Iron king dlc though... perfect! Everything hunky dory :). If you get your ass whooped, you'll probably still be having fun at least.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp8jgWGA3x0
^^^This dude is a BEAST at the Famitracker!!! <3<3<3
#8GSenjouPosted 9/3/2014 9:19:29 PM(edited)
Sunken King DLC was fairly easy, aside from the bosses. The Iron King DLC on the other hand...ooohhh boy, that was a challenge.

Also, since you're getting Sunken King, I highly suggest bringing a backstab tool, as the enemies are very vulnerable to it.
#9JlnglrzPosted 9/3/2014 9:16:25 PM
Death_Born posted...
I was able to complete them on NG++ so they can't be that hard in NG. The only thing I haven't been able to beat was the Iron Keep challenge route.

Smelter ain't that bad, just the way to him.
My suggestion is get a phantom, have them 2h a Gyrm great shield with baneful bird ring, ask them to sit in front of the gate thing, pull the lever and run for the opening while he's tanking the fire. Also poison arrows work wonders on the leaky lava dudes
---
GT: jlnglrz
#10tritiumrainPosted 9/3/2014 9:24:53 PM
I went through sunken king dlc at sl100 and it wasn't hard. As long as you have some upgraded equipment you should be fine. The challenge areas are ridiculously easy if you approach them the right way however the bosses might give you some trouble if you attempt them solo.
---
PSN: tritiumrain
PSN: KunXXoichi [DA pawn Kunoichi - Fighter Lv100] http://i.imgur.com/qkNabdv.jpg