Dark Souls 2 gameplay reveal today!

#1wild361Posted 4/10/2013 7:02:09 AM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/10/dark-souls-2-gameplay-reveal-coming
---
The Voice of Reason
#2cheezedadadaPosted 4/10/2013 12:23:41 PM
http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/04/10/dark-souls-2-gameplay-reveal-12-minute-demo
---
"And the companies get those blank dvds for pennies, burn to them, then sell them for $60. That's ok?"
-TheGlow
#3Foxhound3857Posted 4/10/2013 12:23:46 PM
I love what they did with the lighting and atmosphere, having to light a torch to illuminate dark areas. There will probably be magic for that too, but for the big beefy warrior with no brain, that could be very handy indeed. But I really hope my Radeon HD 5570 can handle these graphics, or I'll be buying a PS4.

No MP bar; I was really hoping that the blue MP bar would make a return; alas we don't know anything about the magic system yet. No humanity meter either, I've noticed. And it looks like you can switch between a lot more weapons this time; that dude was packing some serious arsenal.

Estus replaced with Healing Stones. I like this, not fond of chugging orange juice.

Magic Stones to trigger events. This sounds similar to the key system in Kings Field games (Rhombus in 1, Silvaria in 2, and Bridge Keystones in The Ancient City). I hope they're limited so we have to carefully choose when and where to use them. I also hope we get the Crystal Vial system from Kings Field; I wants my Gold Potions.
---
My Guitar Hero 3 Wii FC: 4038-8152-2179
#4xrvbchurchxPosted 4/10/2013 12:29:30 PM
SERIOUSLY... this looked amazing, when the monster threw in axe in the undeads face, I yelled in amazement
---
Was going to put an awesome RVB quote here, but there's just to many to choose from. So make your own
#5Foxhound3857Posted 4/10/2013 12:32:16 PM
Actually, seeing this guy makes me wonder if we will even be able to choose our character origin (starting class), gender, and customize features.
---
My Guitar Hero 3 Wii FC: 4038-8152-2179
#6SooperMaryO25Posted 4/10/2013 1:32:25 PM
The rope bridge leading to the castle with all the dragons flying around. That was !@#$ing amazing!
#7TheAxeMurderer1Posted 4/10/2013 1:32:40 PM
Foxhound3857 posted...
I love what they did with the lighting and atmosphere, having to light a torch to illuminate dark areas. There will probably be magic for that too, but for the big beefy warrior with no brain, that could be very handy indeed. But I really hope my Radeon HD 5570 can handle these graphics, or I'll be buying a PS4.

No MP bar; I was really hoping that the blue MP bar would make a return; alas we don't know anything about the magic system yet. No humanity meter either, I've noticed. And it looks like you can switch between a lot more weapons this time; that dude was packing some serious arsenal.

Estus replaced with Healing Stones. I like this, not fond of chugging orange juice.

Magic Stones to trigger events. This sounds similar to the key system in Kings Field games (Rhombus in 1, Silvaria in 2, and Bridge Keystones in The Ancient City). I hope they're limited so we have to carefully choose when and where to use them. I also hope we get the Crystal Vial system from Kings Field; I wants my Gold Potions.

Estus is not replaced if you listened. He said they would be returning.
#8Seneca_Wallace_Posted 4/10/2013 1:49:31 PM
Estus will be returning, and I hope they do away with the healing stones entirely. Limited number of heals that you can replenish at a bonfire was perfection and I hope it's exactly the same in DS2.
---
Seattle sports! Yay, or something, I guess...
#9LaManoNeraIIPosted 4/10/2013 1:53:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8KP2Ho1E8w

Youtube version for those who don't want to dirty their computer with IGN's garbage video player.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#10AsikokamiPosted 4/11/2013 11:56:19 AM
IGN's player works fine 99% of the time for me. Maybe it's your computer? Mine's fairly new.