petrified something theory (spoilers)

#1N1ceDre55erPosted 3/1/2014 12:42:22 AM
Okay so after reading game informers article on Darks Souls 2 there was one part that caught my eye, the writer describes a knight who wants the player to remove a statue from a tower, now the writer describes the statue as a woman who was trying to flee but was turned into stone. Or in other words. Petrified. He states that she is petrified (his words) in front of the doors lever.

Any thoughts?
---
GT - N1ceDre55er
Official straight sword hilt of the Gamefaqs board
#2PolypropylenPosted 3/1/2014 3:03:37 AM
So?
Yeah she was petrified and now?
---
XBL Gamertag: TomPoly
Before friendrequesting me, tell me why
#3Denizen_Of_DarkPosted 3/1/2014 4:45:49 AM
By tha gods youre rite! It must be her petrified vah gina! Great work tc, u beat dark souls 2! U did it!
---
Official GRAVITY of gamefaqs Dark Souls boards.
XBL GT in quote.
#4Tinman357MPosted 3/1/2014 6:41:33 AM
N1ceDre55er posted...
Okay so after reading game informers article on Darks Souls 2 there was one part that caught my eye, the writer describes a knight who wants the player to remove a statue from a tower, now the writer describes the statue as a woman who was trying to flee but was turned into stone. Or in other words. Petrified. He states that she is petrified (his words) in front of the doors lever.

Any thoughts?

so maybe whatever petrified her is inside that room, and the 'something' either opens the door for you or protects you from whatever it was...? I'm down with that possibility...
---
Kill Pretty
Official Sith Lord of the Dark Souls 2 board
#5ArchMageSynokPosted 3/1/2014 8:24:49 AM
Well since there is a status effect called Petrify, I assume there is a way to cure it. I think once you get access to the curing items, you can un-petrify the woman and fight what is inside, and you can un-petrify the petrified something.

Which I hope will be a a random ring/item/weapon, so every playthrough you get a new free item, and it's different every time. Could be great like new FaP ring or estus shard, or a garbage item like rubbish or a simple lifegem.
---
"But when I looked down, I saw that I hadn't kicked a hole in a baby. I kick a hole in a bag of flour! I'd been tricked!" -Count Olaf
GT- Synok
#6Tinman357MPosted 3/1/2014 9:17:09 AM
ArchMageSynok posted...
Well since there is a status effect called Petrify, I assume there is a way to cure it. I think once you get access to the curing items, you can un-petrify the woman and fight what is inside, and you can un-petrify the petrified something.

Which I hope will be a a random ring/item/weapon, so every playthrough you get a new free item, and it's different every time. Could be great like new FaP ring or estus shard, or a garbage item like rubbish or a simple lifegem.

i f***ing love the idea of a random item per playthrough
---
Kill Pretty
Official Sith Lord of the Dark Souls 2 board
#7BrockSamsonPosted 3/3/2014 11:47:22 AM
I don't think everyone in here is aware of the gift, lol.
#8moodyjm2Posted 3/3/2014 11:56:53 AM
They do like trolling us with gifts.. .
---
Posted using GameFlux
Get it now for Android from Google Play!
#9pkreynolds13131Posted 3/7/2014 8:40:12 AM
I found one use for the petrified something really early in the game - in the tutorial area, actually. I'm not going to spoil it, but fans of Dark Souls will figure it out pretty easily.

No idea if there are any other uses for it.
#10CCrackheadsPosted 3/7/2014 8:49:22 AM
There is a petrified statue blocking a doorway to a bonfire... Perhaps this?