Human Effigy

#1DahlVaughnniPosted 3/5/2014 12:03:09 PM
So, you need these things to revert to human form and get your full hp bar back, but I'm reading there are a limited number of them in the game and they are rare as hell. So... this would be okay in Dark Souls, as our hp is not cut in half in hollow form. What do we do about it in Dark Souls 2? It sounds like we are expected to play through the majority of the game with half health because Effigies are too precious to use whenever.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Is it just like I described or am I missing something?
---
The Official Everything of Every board. Seriously, who decides this and what's the point? Are we 3?
3DS FC: 4296 3610 2207
#2ChampOfCyridilPosted 3/5/2014 12:14:47 PM
I have only been playing for a few hours I haven't used any yet, I have probably like 10-15. And its cool that you can die a few times before it gets to half. Its like it drops 10% till it gets to half.
---
"Am I a good person doing 'bad' things? Or am I a bad person doing 'good' things?"- DEXTER
{]zzzzzzz@;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;/
#3Russian RocketPosted 3/5/2014 12:15:04 PM
It's my understanding that they are a rare drop besides being found in various locations.
#4DahlVaughnni(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2014 12:17:09 PM
ChampOfCyridil posted...
I have only been playing for a few hours I haven't used any yet, I have probably like 10-15. And its cool that you can die a few times before it gets to half. Its like it drops 10% till it gets to half.

Oh I see, I thought it would just cut you in half like Demon's Souls. I played in the beta but I can't remember how it worked, and I don't know if it's changed since then, only had about 2 hours lol.

On a side note, where did you get your copy? I've been looking for a place that'll break street dates. I've gotten lucky before but I can't find anything now.
---
The Official Everything of Every board. Seriously, who decides this and what's the point? Are we 3?
3DS FC: 4296 3610 2207
#5mundusPosted 3/8/2014 8:46:04 AM
If you kill the boss when you are in a game with someone else you most likely will get one of these, cause otherwise the game will be impossible if you are bad, cause everything oneshots you when you are at half health.
#6Wudstock22x2Posted 3/8/2014 9:47:14 AM
DahlVaughnni posted...
So, you need these things to revert to human form and get your full hp bar back, but I'm reading there are a limited number of them in the game and they are rare as hell. So... this would be okay in Dark Souls, as our hp is not cut in half in hollow form. What do we do about it in Dark Souls 2? It sounds like we are expected to play through the majority of the game with half health because Effigies are too precious to use whenever.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Is it just like I described or am I missing something?

I've only used Effigies in order to summon an NPC for a tough fight...you do find a ring that reduces the hollow HP penalty by a good amount, so that makes it a bit easier to handle.
#7pyrox39Posted 3/8/2014 10:12:53 AM
Wudstock22x2 posted...
DahlVaughnni posted...

I've only used Effigies in order to summon an NPC for a tough fight...you do find a ring that reduces the hollow HP penalty by a good amount, so that makes it a bit easier to handle.

Thank god. Me sucking at the game, was going to edit my save for 99 effigies. I die quite often, and 30 loading screens isn't enough torture, now I have to play the entire game at 50% hp, and thus see twice the loading screens?

I'm glad there's light at the end of the tunnel.
#8simonbelmont2Posted 3/8/2014 12:08:17 PM
If Human Effigies are that rare then it means players will spend most of their time playing as a beef jerky again lol.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him