Dodging is useless in this game

#1Aaron20bPosted 3/13/2014 12:43:22 AM
Most of the time you just get clipped by the enemies attack
#2gibson2004Posted 3/13/2014 12:49:21 AM(edited)
Are you under 70% of your carry weight, and have you leveled up your adp?
#3SoothesayerPosted 3/13/2014 1:24:02 AM
Dodging is how I beat the Pursuer. I think I got hit only once the round I actually beat him.
#4gibson2004Posted 3/13/2014 1:27:06 AM
I should clarify: rolling is relatively ineffective at low adp and high equip burden. However, if you stay under the limit for fast-roll and level up your adaptability it gives you invincibility frames in the middle of the roll, makes the roll faster, and adds distance to it.
#5pyrox39Posted 3/13/2014 1:34:54 AM
I roll like a cow covered in cement and it saves my life everytime.

Perfect when your guard is broken or right after yoh attack if you wont get your shield back up in time.
#6HiimCyrusPosted 3/13/2014 1:41:30 AM
pyrox39 posted...
I roll like a cow covered in cement and it saves my life everytime.

Perfect when your guard is broken or right after yoh attack if you wont get your shield back up in time.

that imagery is too funny
---
CHEST HIGH WALLS ARE THE SECRET TO VICTORY!!
Popular things are popular for a reason, because they're good, or because Will Smith is in it.
#7SesshoruPosted 3/13/2014 2:27:17 AM
gibson2004 posted...
I should clarify: rolling is relatively ineffective at low adp and high equip burden. However, if you stay under the limit for fast-roll and level up your adaptability it gives you invincibility frames in the middle of the roll, makes the roll faster, and adds distance to it.

What's a good number to raise adaptability to? I'm not even a caster in this game and I feel like I'm juggling more stats then my most complex DkS1 builds.
---
3DS FC: 0302-0554-4097
#8MuchdeathPosted 3/13/2014 2:31:54 AM
70% is the threshold? I thought maybe I noticed movement and rolls getting slower every 10% of burden. I could be trippin. If it's 70% that will rule. Of course I didn't know adaptability governed it til about 5 minutes ago. I
#9gibson2004Posted 3/13/2014 2:34:57 AM
Sesshoru posted...
gibson2004 posted...

What's a good number to raise adaptability to? I'm not even a caster in this game and I feel like I'm juggling more stats then my most complex DkS1 builds.

I don't have a good answer for that one. We probably won't know which agility numbers correspond to new iframes until the PC version comes out. Maybe try explorer and bandit starts and compare the feel of the roll action to get an idea of how much of a difference 9 adp makes, and extrapolate from there?
#10gibson2004Posted 3/13/2014 2:38:11 AM
Muchdeath posted...
70% is the threshold? I thought maybe I noticed movement and rolls getting slower every 10% of burden. I could be trippin. If it's 70% that will rule. Of course I didn't know adaptability governed it til about 5 minutes ago. I

I could be wrong, I didn't get to test it much. I think that was the threshold for retaining the basic rolling motion, with lower burdens rolling farther but not necessarily faster. I could be entirely wrong though, feel free to correct me if you tested it out!