Found a trick leading to Lost Sinner

#11TheAnalogKid06Posted 3/14/2014 2:22:51 AM(edited)
Soothesayer posted...
TheAnalogKid06 posted...
Those exploding skeletons were the worst. I though the Lost Sinner was a joke though, beat him my first try. I cant say the same about 90% of the other bosses though.

This is insane, I'd say she's right behind, if not on the same level as the Sentinels. Did you summon? She gave me a huge amount of trouble.

A joke would be the Flexile Sentry. He's little more than a glorified mook.

I just run past the mobs, pretty easy and they stop chasing you once you reach the sinner's island. Screw the guy who put archers right next to the bonfire though, that was BS.

No summons, completely solo first try. I was using a pure melee build with a broadsword +7, twin dragons shield +1, and the elite knight armor with a few mixed and matched pieces to still be able to fast roll.

His moves were pretty easy to read for me and I didn't have too much of a problem with him stun locking me. I had just rage quit the Champions covenant after the gargoyles and scorpion lady wiped the floor with me for the billionth time so that could have made it a bit easier. Them, the sentinels, and Pursuer gave me a disgusting amount of trouble.

I agree that whoever put those archers next to the bonfire is a certified sadist. I was tempted to kill them and respawn them 15 times just so I wouldn't have to deal with them anymore.

Edit: Btw, your username is awesome. I love Buckethead. I saw him play Soothesayer live at the Lincoln Theater in Raleigh. That was an amazing show.
---
GT: TheAnalogKid06
#12SoothesayerPosted 3/14/2014 9:10:32 AM
Broadsword + 7? My best melee weapon was a mace + 5 lol and that was not working. What SL were you though? Seems like you were further along than I was at that point, I didn't even see the two spoilered bosses yet. Yeah The sentinels and pursuer gave me a hard time too, especially the former.

I had the cleric's robe too so it's not like my armor was great, maybe it was a build difference. I had to play really carefully with her, also didn't light the oil before the fight since I didn't have the key which I still can't find.
#13delta873Posted 3/14/2014 9:14:12 AM
TheAnalogKid06 posted...
Soothesayer posted...
TheAnalogKid06 posted...
Those exploding skeletons were the worst. I though the Lost Sinner was a joke though, beat him my first try. I cant say the same about 90% of the other bosses though.

This is insane, I'd say she's right behind, if not on the same level as the Sentinels. Did you summon? She gave me a huge amount of trouble.

I just run past the mobs, pretty easy and they stop chasing you once you reach the sinner's island. Screw the guy who put archers right next to the bonfire though, that was BS.

No summons, completely solo first try. I was using a pure melee build with a broadsword +7, twin dragons shield +1, and the elite knight armor with a few mixed and matched pieces to still be able to fast roll.

His moves were pretty easy to read for me and I didn't have too much of a problem with him stun locking me. I had just rage quit the Champions covenant after the gargoyles and scorpion lady wiped the floor with me for the billionth time so that could have made it a bit easier. Them, the sentinels, and Pursuer gave me a disgusting amount of trouble.

I agree that whoever put those archers next to the bonfire is a certified sadist. I was tempted to kill them and respawn them 15 times just so I wouldn't have to deal with them anymore.

Edit: Btw, your username is awesome. I love Buckethead. I saw him play Soothesayer live at the Lincoln Theater in Raleigh. That was an amazing show.

the scorpion lady was hard? i wrecked her the first time i encountered her, however i did get hit by a spell in the beginning because i was like "why the **** is there half a lady popping out the ground" lol. PS. i used a bow for most of the damage and that is probably why.
---
I'm gonna tolerate and love the **** out of you.
GT delta squad 100
#14ollie229Posted 3/14/2014 9:27:07 AM
Soothesayer posted...
TheAnalogKid06 posted...

The only time I have actually gotten genuinely angry at this game was right in that spot. I was fighting the lost sinner and managed to get myself killed (stupid character decided to use a lifestone rather than dodge the attack chain the sinner was hitting me with - my fault and I wasn't mad. Respawned at the bonfire and just ran straight to the elevator, rode it down (important for later), sprinted through the water area and got my souls back.

Then died.

Again.

Because of the same reason.

Now I'm a little irked. But I respawn at the bonfire and attempt to rush back and pick my souls back up. So I'm running at full speed past the archers towards the elevator when right as I go over the edge that the elevator is not there. The. Elevator. Is. Not. There. So I lose the ~150000 souls I had been saving up. Now I'm angry. And a lot sad. =(
---
<DOCTYPE> is a myth.
3DS FC: 3711-8060-7307
#15MoxRavagerPosted 3/14/2014 9:28:10 AM
delta873 posted...
TheAnalogKid06 posted...
Soothesayer posted...
TheAnalogKid06 posted...

the scorpion lady was hard? i wrecked her the first time i encountered her, however i did get hit by a spell in the beginning because i was like "why the **** is there half a lady popping out the ground" lol. PS. i used a bow for most of the damage and that is probably why.

Thanks for repeating his spoiler without the spoiler tag!
---
Please do not post a picture of your fecal matter. ~AverageAverage
3DS FC: 1977-0202-6028. PM me if you want to add me.
#16delta873Posted 3/14/2014 9:30:12 AM
MoxRavager posted...
delta873 posted...
TheAnalogKid06 posted...
Soothesayer posted...
TheAnalogKid06 posted...

Thanks for repeating his spoiler without the spoiler tag!

Is this really spoilers? i didn't say where she was, nor what she gives you. it doesn't really affect your experience at all? but anyways im sorry if i ruined your game lol
---
I'm gonna tolerate and love the **** out of you.
GT delta squad 100
#17awesomephatmanPosted 3/14/2014 9:53:44 AM
Revealing the name of a boss is a spoiler, yes.

And ollie...daaaaaaamn, 150k souls? Ouuuuch. =/

Can I ask why you were saving them? I always spend souls before entering mist/fighting a boss.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpLxcP9wXcA