OMFG Fat Hippo Ogres OP

#1HelenidPosted 3/14/2014 8:47:50 PM
How do you counter these buttholes? I'm in late game and these guys are everywhere. Not only that, but they have thousands of HP and they hit like a truck. I can't kill these without having to drink multiple flasks..
---
When a person has something important they want to protect, that is when they can become truly strong.
Vincit que se vincit.
#2NailbombPosted 3/14/2014 8:51:25 PM
Bows or spells.
---
I find it amusing that something a drunk person babbled at me is considered "common sense" by Dismind! - Brain Hammer
#3GeomagnusPosted 3/14/2014 9:51:41 PM
If they do their usual attack (their punches), roll around to the right. All their attacks will miss and you can hit them in the back. Stay back there too long, however, and they'll smash themselves backwards and sit on you, which is damn painful. You can cheese them into doing that continuously. This, of course, works a lot better if you fight them one at a time.
#4YoukaiSlayerPosted 3/14/2014 10:18:24 PM
There is no cyclops (which is what they are) that you cant cheese with a doorway aside from the two guarding the sex change coffin, and the one that requires fragrant branch to unstone but he doesnt respawn.
---
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)
#5Helenid(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2014 10:22:29 PM
YoukaiSlayer posted...
There is no cyclops (which is what they are) that you cant cheese with a doorway aside from the two guarding the sex change coffin, and the one that requires fragrant branch to unstone but he doesnt respawn.

Have you fought the one in the waist-deep water? That's fun.
---
When a person has something important they want to protect, that is when they can become truly strong.
Vincit que se vincit.
#6YoukaiSlayerPosted 3/14/2014 10:24:58 PM
Forgot about him, although i think there are doorways in a ruin nearby to use. Anyway i just shot him with soul arrow. Although you can skip him completely after you get the flask shard.
---
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)