This game is not that hard, Dark souls 2 is awesome (tips)

#1Girkin_DeathGodPosted 3/16/2014 10:50:49 PM
This game is really quite easy at the start probably to about half way when you can just start summoning people to help, but if your really having that much trouble heres some tips,
-Start as a sorcerer, trust me it makes the game heck easy at the start.
-Dont rush in everywhere and just brawl everything, take your time, be patient and wait for your time to attack.
-Prepare to die... alot. the first dark souls released the "Prepare to die" edition for a reason you were meant to get used to the idea of dying over and over again, and you will lose thousands of souls, just dont give up.
-if your having lots of trouble with dying and losing health as a hollow, get the ring of life protection from infront of where the mist to ornstein is ( old dragon rider) and then i cost 3000 souls every time you die to repair the ring and you wont go hollow and you wont lose your souls.
-If you get stuck as in cant beat a specific set of enemies, dont give up just try different strategies, and if you get stuck on a boss just make sure your human and wait for a summon sign.

IMO this game is better then the first, i loved the first so much, but this just seems to change everything but for the better and almost everything is balanced, yes there are a few glitches and things that could run better but its only just come out give the creators of the game some time to patch it then everyone can focus on the awesome parts of this game. Have fun people
---
Loving Dark Souls 2 :D
XBL-Th3B1gR3d0ne
#2HiimCyrusPosted 3/17/2014 4:03:37 PM
Ring of life protection isn't from infront of ornstein
---
CHEST HIGH WALLS ARE THE SECRET TO VICTORY!!
Popular things are popular for a reason, because they're good, or because Will Smith is in it.
#3bubbub01Posted 3/17/2014 4:14:21 PM
This game is harder, it takes a huge leap about 1/4th the way through.. and then another leap, and then even another.
---
Xbox Live Gamer Tag: iTryxBancroft
PSN Gamer tag: Bancroftx
#4InxentasPosted 3/17/2014 4:32:56 PM
Basicly sums up to "try stuff untill you die less".

The advice to press Y and level up STR untill you oneshot weak mobs would be just as sound, lol.
---
For future reference: landing in active vulcanoes tends to fry our sensors and melt our hull.
#5DoYouEvenPraisePosted 3/17/2014 4:35:54 PM
The game really isn't that hard.
---
XBL - KEGonometry PSN - TwoFingersNsider
Do you even praise?
#6MashYouGoodPosted 3/17/2014 4:48:07 PM(edited)
With the exception of a couple areas / bosses, the game is a markėd step down in difficulty for the series.

Almost all bosses can simply be rushed and circled then their butts mashed for victory and most grunt enemies can be bated into attacks then mashed to death via stun locks.

The only real threat from both enemy categories cited is fighting from distant (bosses will use ranged attacks which generally do heavy, often OHKO damage) and mixing your play style up (with parries and more 'flashy' attacks), respectively.

And this doesn't even touch on the Life Gems, the speed at which Estus can be swilled (once ADP is upgraded), the arguably OP stun lock system, the uninspired rote patterns of enemies (esp. bosses) et al. Realistically, the only way to really get owned by the game is through being ganked by enemies -- one of the fundamental 'Don'ts' of this entire series.

Gamers who say Dark Souls II is "too hard" need to own to the fact they're not very good gamers and lay blame squarely on the copious hours they've wasted on the likes of Call of Doody, Uncharted, The Last of Us and similar casualware titles for their apparent 'dumbening'.

NB:
Dying from errant hit-boxes, dodgy collision detection, enemies essentially cheating by attacking through level geometry, janky platforming that goes from floating in mid-air to sliding off level surfaces as if on ice, auto-rolls after a jump action etc, do not constitute game difficulty; only artificial difficulty.
#7ChimpersPosted 3/17/2014 5:41:29 PM
What horrible tips.
#8wombat013Posted 3/17/2014 5:43:18 PM
Girkin_DeathGod posted...
This game is really quite easy at the start probably to about half way when you can just start summoning people to help, but if your really having that much trouble heres some tips,
-Start as a sorcerer, trust me it makes the game heck easy at the start.
-Dont rush in everywhere and just brawl everything, take your time, be patient and wait for your time to attack.
-Prepare to die... alot. the first dark souls released the "Prepare to die" edition for a reason you were meant to get used to the idea of dying over and over again, and you will lose thousands of souls, just dont give up.
-if your having lots of trouble with dying and losing health as a hollow, get the ring of life protection from infront of where the mist to ornstein is ( old dragon rider) and then i cost 3000 souls every time you die to repair the ring and you wont go hollow and you wont lose your souls.
-If you get stuck as in cant beat a specific set of enemies, dont give up just try different strategies, and if you get stuck on a boss just make sure your human and wait for a summon sign.

IMO this game is better then the first, i loved the first so much, but this just seems to change everything but for the better and almost everything is balanced, yes there are a few glitches and things that could run better but its only just come out give the creators of the game some time to patch it then everyone can focus on the awesome parts of this game. Have fun people

Horrifyingly bad attempt at hoping people will think he is awesome at Dark Souls 2. Sounds like he doesn't actually have the game, to be honest.
---
He who needs a pat on the back makes every man his judge
#9drakken775Posted 3/21/2014 9:02:00 AM
I think dark souls 1 was way harder. And demon souls was really hard to stay in white world tendency to get the best items. Dark souls 2 lets u get away with killing npcs. But I still had alot of trouble beating it. Is there any word about a demon souls 2. I'm pretty sure that's the next game out. Anyways. I beat the game today finally. I levelled up to level 199. Just to beat the ancient dragon
#10drakken775Posted 3/21/2014 9:06:36 AM
The 2nd time I played demon souls I kicked so much a ss. I dident die at all. And got the best armor and just slaughtered everything. Dark souls 2 is way harder then demon souls but the 1st game is still my favorite