Ancient Dragon = OP

#1Haikou11Posted 3/19/2014 12:00:30 AM
LOL this dragon is hardcore, I keep reading that I need to run to its tail but I still die, I also tried the grym shield or whatever it is called but I guess I dont have high enough stamina because the first hit broke my defense and the second killed me. Any advice? I have fully cleared out the area before him and now wear nothing in the fight for the speed and because all of his attack one hit me. I havent even gotten him down a quarter health. Any advice? Thanks in advance.
#2YoukaiSlayerPosted 3/19/2014 12:11:24 AM
Stack fire defense and use flash sweat and you can probly survive his aerial fire. What exactly is getting you? The strat is pretty simple. Chill mostly on HIS right side (your left when you enter) by his tail. Never let your stam run all the way out or you wont be able to sprint. You only have a few moves to deal with back there, aerial fire, homing aerial fire, tail slam, aerial reposition. Hit him after aerial fires if you are near his tail when he lands. If the tail or foot land on you, you die. His tail slam is extremely easy to dodge on that side, roll or just walk away from it. His feet stomp during tail slam too, first his right back foot, then his left back foot on the second slam. You can hit his right back foot after it stomps.

The main key is just be ready for him to fly. Occasionally he has no delay between moves so be careful of that too. As soon as you hear him flap the wings start sprinting towards the tip and slightly to your right (towards his left). When you get the hang of it, its not bad at all.
---
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)
#3dubya_111Posted 3/19/2014 12:13:35 AM
Run to front paw, hit once while he's breathing fire in front of him, immediately run out (about 15 feet in front of the dragon). You need to be at a slight angle, so if you hit the left foot, when you run out you should be a little more left, if that makes sense. If you do it correctly, he will start another frontal fire and you can run to the other foot. Repeat infinitely. If you don't get the angle/distance correct, you will see him start his lift off animation. As soon as he starts the animation (you have to learn to recognize it), you have to start sprinting away from him. Afterwards, run back and try to get in the "angle spot" that causes him to frontal fire breathe.
#4MellowButtersPosted 3/19/2014 12:16:23 AM
don't run to its tail, instead keep watch on where you are on the platform, bait a regular fire breath attack by keeping a distance. when he does get in as many hits as you can without completely depleting the stamina bar. but while doing this try to orient yourself so you can run away a great enough distance to evade the fire and then some, essentially dont let yourself get cornered and dont get greedy with your strikes, you know he's about to use the over head fire breath when he adjusts his wings to flap down. be aware of your surroundings and always know where you're going to run to after striking, and always run toward that safe area to bait another horizontal firebreath.
---
3DS FC: 1633-5629-3391
#5Haikou11(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2014 12:36:19 AM
YoukaiSlayer posted...
Stack fire defense and use flash sweat and you can probly survive his aerial fire. What exactly is getting you? The strat is pretty simple. Chill mostly on HIS right side (your left when you enter) by his tail. Never let your stam run all the way out or you wont be able to sprint. You only have a few moves to deal with back there, aerial fire, homing aerial fire, tail slam, aerial reposition. Hit him after aerial fires if you are near his tail when he lands. If the tail or foot land on you, you die. His tail slam is extremely easy to dodge on that side, roll or just walk away from it. His feet stomp during tail slam too, first his right back foot, then his left back foot on the second slam. You can hit his right back foot after it stomps.

The main key is just be ready for him to fly. Occasionally he has no delay between moves so be careful of that too. As soon as you hear him flap the wings start sprinting towards the tip and slightly to your right (towards his left). When you get the hang of it, its not bad at all.

About at what point should I start running so he doesnt do the aerial line of fire? I always hit like 4 times then get ready to run, he goes up I run for the tail and even when I get to the end of it I die.
#6Haikou11(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2014 12:52:42 AM
Still cant survive running to the tail but I did smelter with grym and flash sweat and the fires first hit knocks me down and the second does 75% or my health. This might work if he would use any move other than the flying ones.
#7Draco__13Posted 3/19/2014 1:11:06 AM
I dont know if you just want to kill the dragon or if you want his soul, but if it is only for his soul I could tell you a secret.

You can get a free ancient dragon soul, legit. You need the item the ancient dragon gives you after speaking to him. Remember the spider boss? In the back of the room is a rockish thing, examine and see what happens.
#8Haikou11(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2014 1:14:48 AM
Draco__13 posted...
I dont know if you just want to kill the dragon or if you want his soul, but if it is only for his soul I could tell you a secret.

You can get a free ancient dragon soul, legit. You need the item the ancient dragon gives you after speaking to him. Remember the spider boss? In the back of the room is a rockish thing, examine and see what happens.

Yah I know but thanks for the tip, I see a lot of people dont know that, I just want the thrill of having killed all the bosses lol.
#9NailbombPosted 3/19/2014 1:18:45 AM
Here's a tip I learned the hard way: Do NOT bring a friend in to that fight. If you go in solo, he's pathetically weak, and you'll always know what direction his massively telegraphed attacks are going to be going.
---
I find it amusing that something a drunk person babbled at me is considered "common sense" by Dismind! - Brain Hammer
#10dubya_111Posted 3/19/2014 1:20:32 AM
Two people responded with strategies that don't involve the tail