Enemies dissappearing

#1OrokenDuMongerPosted 3/19/2014 6:36:53 AM
After playing this for about 8 hours, I've noticed that many enemies no longer respawn.

Enemies range from basic infantry hollow to the Knights in Heide's Castle area.

It seems to happen when I kill them many times, but I havn't noticed a clear pattern to determine how or why.

Most of the dregs in Giant's area no longer spawn, so farming has become a bit more tedious.

Anyone experience this or possibly have some insight into why this is occurring?
---
One does not simply pass through the Omega IV Relay - CouchCommandoIV
#2Russian RocketPosted 3/19/2014 6:38:41 AM
It's part of the design. I suppose it has two aims.....first, to prevent farming. Secondly, to eliminate tedious low-level enemies as you get better and stronger. There is an item you can use (bonfire ascetic) that will make them reappear, but stronger.
#3CobaltZorchPosted 3/19/2014 6:40:36 AM
Yeah, all enemies stop spawning after roughly ten kills.

BTW that's a guess based on experience, but it's about that figure - farming is a thing of the past.
---
GT: CobaltZorch
#4OrokenDuMonger(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2014 6:42:21 AM
Good to know, Is there anything that prevents the nonspawn from occurring? Like dying in between kills and such?
---
One does not simply pass through the Omega IV Relay - CouchCommandoIV
#5Russian RocketPosted 3/19/2014 6:45:08 AM
OrokenDuMonger posted...
Good to know, Is there anything that prevents the nonspawn from occurring? Like dying in between kills and such?

No. I think once they are killed a set amount of times, they just stop. It's kind of nice for tedious bosses that are a ways from the bonfire. It's figures that I always seem to beat the boss just before the enemy respawns stop.
#6CobaltZorchPosted 3/19/2014 6:48:57 AM
Not that I've found - I've cleared most of an area, died then found the area bare when I went to recover my souls. Well, bare apart from the cretin that killed me of course.

The only way to reverse it is with ascetics as Russian Rocket said, but it also makes them harder, which might not be what you want.

If you're looking for souls just plonk your white soapstone outside a level appropriate fog door and farm bosses as a phantom.
---
GT: CobaltZorch
#7Crystal_DreamPosted 3/19/2014 6:52:39 AM
Russian Rocket posted...
It's part of the design. I suppose it has two aims.....first, to prevent farming. Secondly, to eliminate tedious low-level enemies as you get better and stronger.

To add to this, I also say that it encourages players not to give up.
As long as I continuously slay enemies, I have no reason not to continue tryin again and again should I fall. In fact, you know the horde of enemies in Lost Bastille leading to the Ruin Sentinels? I killed them all in my repeated attempts, and now I don't have to worry about a thing.
---
"That's because the player keeps mashing the button!"
-Deadpool after slapping Wolverine repeatedly in "Deadpool: The Game"
#8moodyjm2Posted 3/19/2014 6:56:06 AM
You can use an ascetic to respawn and make them harder.

The purpose was to reduce overleveling, so some a-hole doesn't sit at a bonfire and farm it for 2 days to get the jump on all the next bosses. As a scrub who over-leveled in the burgh in DS1, I can say it's a good thing. And it makes the levels feel more organic.
---
"Unlocked oki dung pie - the fine art of tossing poop at your opponents" - shadowsofdawn
#9simonbelmont2Posted 3/19/2014 8:19:38 AM
Some enemies also stop respawning after you kill them once. The big mace wielding old knight in Heide's Tower is a good example of this.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#10killbot357Posted 3/19/2014 8:20:56 AM
Depends on the enemy. There are a few that only spawn once (the Heide knights, the skeleton in the mansion) but most stop spawning after 10 - 12 kills, it seems.
---
XBOX / PSN: illbzo1 Twitter: @illbzo1
Currently playing: Dark Souls 2