Dark Souls 2 PvP Sucks

#21God_of_Eternity(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2014 6:27:58 PM
Dex_Pyromaniac posted...
God_of_Eternity posted...
Cool story bro you wasted 17 skill points. Go see the video proof on youtube before you spout ignorance on here.

Link me to that video youre speaking of with 20+ side by side frames each showing an attack hitting a person through his roll at each possible frame during his roll in order to show which frames have and which dont have invincible frames, for adapts 3, 20, and 38

When I see it then we can talk about adapt being useless. Until that I'll happily take my extra iframes and roll through s*** without getting hit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ4nqXTH9ZkDex_Pyromaniac posted...
Cool story bro you wasted 17 skill points. Go see the video proof on youtube before you spout ignorance on here.

Link me to that video youre speaking of with 20+ side by side frames each showing an attack hitting a person through his roll at each possible frame during his roll in order to show which frames have and which dont have invincible frames, for adapts 3, 20, and 38

When I see it then we can talk about adapt being useless. Until that I'll happily take my extra iframes and roll through s*** without getting hit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ4nqXTH9Zk

Enjoy the useless points.
#22God_of_Eternity(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2014 6:29:08 PM
Tinman357M posted...
you just said 'had so much practice' rolling is why they're dodging spells.
Sooo... Practice?

I doubt they're actually dodging every spell. They're probably sorcerers themselves. No amount of practice will allow you to dodge every spell cast, and i'm sure about that. FromSoft made sure sorceries will be potent no matter how much training you have.
#23Tinman357MPosted 3/23/2014 6:31:09 PM
so they're all lying just to annoy you?
---
Kill Pretty
Official Sith Lord of the Dark Souls 2 board
#24aWeinermobilePosted 3/23/2014 6:31:29 PM
Wait, you can't dodge dark orb?

Are you kidding? That's the most predictable hex ever.

It's not the game it's you.
---
GT: A weinermobile
Prepare to become, immortal!
#25Dex_PyromaniacPosted 3/23/2014 6:31:38 PM
So where can I see the iframes being tested? You dumb s*** dont try to act clever if you dont even understand game mechanics
---
Video games always break the fourth wall, theyre like 'Snake, push the SELECT button!' and Snakes probably like 'What the f***!?'
-lordofultima
#26God_of_Eternity(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2014 6:33:24 PM
aWeinermobile posted...
Wait, you can't dodge dark orb?

Are you kidding? That's the most predictable hex ever.

It's not the game it's you.

I said it was either that or another. Regardless of foreseeing it, they're still hard to dodge due to the lack of roll frames.

I don't know how hard you're trying to deceive me but sorceries are too difficult to dodge and we all know it. If you're trying to seem good you can stop; i know how good you are and you're not very impressive.
#27BurnsDepartmentPosted 3/23/2014 6:33:54 PM
All a stunlock is is someone inflicting more damage when they hit you with high enough stamina to get a followup and even more if they've backed you into a corner. That should inflict more damage, and without the additional damage, fights would take forever.

If you get hit by a rapier, you screwed up. Why do you not deserve to get stunned for screwing up and being stabbed by a rapier? It's a weapon like any other, balanced with range, speed and power. Why should it have an additional, crushing disadvantage?
---
Previously corrected a lot, now in-sig; I'm not a he.
#28God_of_Eternity(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2014 6:34:10 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#29YoukaiSlayerPosted 3/23/2014 6:34:26 PM
Casters are broken but only because of lag. I hate how the ONLY way to avoid spells is to roll into them. That works every time without fail (6 adp). Rolling sideways, backwards, and simply sprinting like 10 feet away all do nothing. With the delay on hitstun (ie: i hit you but the stun doesnt register until a split second later allowing you to finish an attack headed for me so we tie) its just impossible to punish fast casts like resonant soul. Cant run around the caster to hit em cause it still lands even though its nowhere near you, cant roll through and punish cause of hit stun delay, cant outlast their stam bar cause rolling takes more than casting. Guess i gotta learn to spell parry. Also seems a little unbalanced that something with a near insta cast, 8 uses, and super fast projectile speed can do over 843 damage (my hp). Does more than soul spear.

Thrust attacks are also super broken with either wonky hitboxes or odd lag that for some reason doesnt apply to other attacks. Was literally about 10 feet from the edge of a jump attack that landed anyway. Its like the only option for anything ever is to try and roll through into their face and stun lock them which only lasts two hits till they can roll out. At least parry seems to work better. Been doing that a fair amount. Backstabs are total luck. iv whiffed backstabs that should have easily hit and gotten teleport backstabs where i had no business landing even a normal hit much less a backstab.

TL;DR: with no lag the pvp is amazing but with even a little its broken and horrible and there is almost always some lag.
---
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)
#30Dex_PyromaniacPosted 3/23/2014 6:37:18 PM
Dex_Pyromaniac posted...
So where can I see the iframes being tested? You dumb s*** dont try to act clever if you dont even understand game mechanics

If you roll the same amount you're not getting anything out of it you f***cking naive moron. Pay attention to the video.

You really are clueless. It looks the same yes, but iframes are more at 20 adapt than at 3 adapt. It means you can get hit out of your 3 adapt roll at points where with the 20 adapt roll you actually IFRAME THROUGH THE HIT.
---
Video games always break the fourth wall, theyre like 'Snake, push the SELECT button!' and Snakes probably like 'What the f***!?'
-lordofultima