Why do people hype up the Last Sinner as some awful boss?

#1IronSasquatchPosted 3/24/2014 9:05:57 PM
I just fought her for my first time and took her down with almost no problem at all. All I did was guard and walk in circles around her while she attacked. I'd let my stamina regen when she backed off and just attack when she would miss completely. It's my first playthrough and I'm level 73. I'm using the Drangleic set, including the shield and sword.

Am I overleveled? Am I missing something? Did I just buy into hype that was undeserving of a rather easy boss?
---
Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in in my head and in my heart, in my soul.
#2bibfortuna25Posted 3/24/2014 9:07:57 PM
Yeah, she's hella easy. I don't see why anybody had trouble with her.
---
Finding the Fiji Mermaid is like playing Calvinball. You can never do it the same way twice.
#3Max58201Posted 3/24/2014 9:09:06 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4Dran1029Posted 3/24/2014 9:10:52 PM
If we are gonna brag I beat smelter demon on my first try *strokes and douches it up* XD
---
"In a world without gold...we would have been heroes..." -Black Beard-
Dran Skyehart-xbox live gamertag
#5gibson2004Posted 3/24/2014 9:11:01 PM
I died a few times because I was still trying to play DkS1 and i-frame all of her attacks instead of just relying on her atrocious tracking. Felt really dumb when I figured that out honestly, but I did adjust a little more to the new dodge timing
#6saibear12Posted 3/24/2014 9:11:29 PM
It was a hard boss. I think you were a lot higher level than I was when I did it. But the speed and the no lock on made it extremely difficult for me.
#7Dark_SifPosted 3/24/2014 9:13:06 PM
Come back in ng+.
---
Gt: KillaBoyE
Mispelled word suggestions for KillaBoyE: Kilobyte, Collarbone, Callable, Kielbasa, Kielbasi, Calaboose, Gullible
#8IronSasquatch(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2014 9:15:19 PM
Max58201 posted...
why do people try to stroke their e peen by making useless topics about how easy they killed a hard boss...no one cares and honestly you just come off as a complete douchebag

Wow, okay. I legitimately was wondering if there were certain builds or something that have a lot of trouble with her or something, or if I was a higher level than most who fought her the first time. Way to get bent out of shape over it though.

I wasn't trying to brag, just wondering what gave people trouble during the fight.
---
Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in in my head and in my heart, in my soul.
#9ArchMageSynokPosted 3/24/2014 9:28:01 PM
I didn't have any trouble with the fight as a faith build, maybe because I lit the fires before the fight? I thought i could lock on to the boss, so maybe lighting them lets you?
---
"But when I looked down, I saw that I hadn't kicked a hole in a baby. I kick a hole in a bag of flour! I'd been tricked!"
DkS2 Explorer Master Race
#10IronSasquatch(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2014 9:29:18 PM
ArchMageSynok posted...
I didn't have any trouble with the fight as a faith build, maybe because I lit the fires before the fight? I thought i could lock on to the boss, so maybe lighting them lets you?

I didn't light any fires, and I locked on most the time. There were several times where she backed or dashed away and I had to re-lock, but nothing too detrimental there.
---