Sun Sword.

#1JCamardo1Posted 3/25/2014 9:40:24 AM
Goddamn this thing is ridiculous with +10 lightning infused and sunlight Blade. I have 50 Faith and 45 strength. I managed to one shot a guy wearing full havel's when he wouldnt stop hiding behind his shield I bashed and stunned him and proceeded to smack him for over 2k damage.

ALL HAIL THE GLORIOUS SUNBRO BLADE!
#2JCamardo1(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2014 9:41:39 AM
It just occured to me that I somehow double posted the thread I'm sorry.
#3YiddosRulePosted 3/25/2014 9:43:42 AM
Just a shame we can't get another on a character. I really want another one to make it into fire as I don't really want to do it with the only one I have.
#4SamasaranusPosted 3/25/2014 9:45:35 AM
You actually get critical damage when you guard break so thats probably what happened. But yeah, it's a good weapon, and I hear elemental infusions along with buffs offer the best returns for damage.

Too bad I went quality :(
#5PRNDLPosted 3/25/2014 9:54:17 AM(edited)
Samasaranus posted...
You actually get critical damage when you guard break so thats probably what happened. But yeah, it's a good weapon, and I hear elemental infusions along with buffs offer the best returns for damage.

Quality is still a good build for the sun sword. It gets A scale str and A scale dex.

I'm working my way to the sunbro npc so I can start farming sun medals. I want that sword!
#6SamasaranusPosted 3/25/2014 10:07:39 AM
PRNDL posted...
Samasaranus posted...

Quality is still a good build for the sun sword. It gets A scale str and A scale dex.

I'm working my way to the sunbro npc so I can start farming sun medals. I want that sword!

Yeah it's a great quality weapon, But at the moment FTH or INT builds can put out similar damage to quality using infusions and buffs, and also have great casting options. So in that respect quality seems a little gimped.

But the Sun Sword only mildly out damages the regular longsword due to low base damage. The moveset is the same as the regular longsword from DkS but is nowhere near as effective. Tbh I prefer the standard longsword.

You should definately get and try it out, you may prefer it. But it doesn't completely outclass the longsword.