Reaper class any good?

#1Dark_SifPosted 3/28/2014 10:06:15 AM
Topic. Making a quality build with different types of weapons in each slot in my right hand and i wanted to know if anybody tried these bad boys out.

Damage isnt the only thing am looking for, looking at moveset, special effects such as R2 specials and hitting through shields, ect ect, as well as the looks.
---
Gt: KillaBoyE
Mispelled word suggestions for KillaBoyE: Kilobyte, Collarbone, Callable, Kielbasa, Kielbasi, Calaboose, Gullible
#2Dark_JinougaPosted 3/28/2014 10:08:36 AM
Apparently the scythe of want can hit behind shields, probably the RT 1hd attack by the looks of it, hits from behind as far as I can tell

I'm goi to try it today
---
ssslice
#3Dark_Sif(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2014 10:47:44 AM
Too bad it has int/faith requirements and its not enchantable :l Any other good ones out there?
---
Mispelled word suggestions for KillaBoyE: Kilobyte, Collarbone, Callable, Kielbasa, Kielbasi, Calaboose, Gullible
#4Dark_Sif(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2014 11:39:22 AM
Bump for more responses.
---
#5agentpheonixPosted 3/28/2014 11:45:31 AM
I used the Full Moon Sickle for a while and was very disappointed. Moveset is garbage, the second hit in the RB combo has a reach of about 6 inches. So short that the first hit actually pushes people out of range of the second hit.
---
GT: Red Undead Now Playing: Dark Souls 2 (forever), Torchlight 2
http://m-102.minus.com/ipPaN0GZBXpqY.gif
#6MafoolaPosted 3/28/2014 11:46:12 AM
IMO reaper class CAN be good, however to fully utilize reaper weapons you have to hit enemies in their effective range, ie their blade. If you hit with the stick part you only deal half damage. When using reaper class weapons I recommend keeping your distance and a backup weapon when ranged attacks are not optimal.
#7Bowdownbe4me1Posted 3/28/2014 11:48:20 AM
I've run with the GScythe in DkS more than any other weapon. That thing was my baby. And I hate to say it, but I think DkS2 ruined the Scythe's (reaper class') viablity in pvp. It's not because they changed the moveset (in fact, it's gotten better). Rather, the dev's removed ravioli stepping and the ability to direct your attack (running attack in particular) manually. Without these elements, the reaper weapons have a long lead-in to attack (best was always a run), which NOW choreographs EXACTLY where your attack is going to land ahead of time.

DkS1: "That guy with the Scythe is running at me, I should dodge at the appropriate time not to be hit, and maybe punish."

DkS2: "That guy with the Scythe is running at me, I should side step 2 feet because I already know the exact zone of his attack, and then I WILL punish."

-
---
-----
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/bowdownbe4me1
#8sciicersPosted 3/28/2014 11:53:33 AM
Also dead angles are not that much of an issue anymore
---
Why dost thee hurry toward thine death?
#9Dark_Sif(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2014 11:54:54 AM
Thats a shame then. I guess thats why i dont see people using them at all. Have you guys tried at all of em? I might try to collect all of them and test them out, but that seems like alot of work....

@Bowdown

I think they made the great scythe smaller too. I do remember you using it frequently though.
---
#10Dark_JinougaPosted 3/28/2014 1:02:46 PM
I tested the scythe of want for a bit now, and I like its Rb 1hd move set quite a bit, has good range and is fast, does OK damage

RT attacks are garbage, slow and bad reach, and the running attack has wide range but is slow

Great scythe is similar AFAIK, but I have hexes as my main attack and the scythe to intimidate and to fend of opponents, as a main weapon the class doesn't do well I believe
---
ssslice