Status cures in arena duels; acceptable?

#1Phara0hManPosted 3/31/2014 5:14:35 AM
I know that healing in organized 1v1 PvP is frowned upon, but with Poison being so much more potent and prevalent this time around, is popping a poison moss if you get the chance similarly taboo? I'm considering giving them a belt slot.

Note that I'm strictly talking arena duels or fight clubs. Invasions, anything goes.
---
NP: SSF4 AE (Guile), Injustice (Batman, Sinestro), KoF13 (Kula/Maxima/Elizabeth), Dark Souls 1&2
#2WHLTE_RLDERPosted 3/31/2014 5:15:44 AM
Curing status effects has never been frowned upon.
---
GT: WHLTE RLDER
Official Santier Spear Master of the Dks2 board.
#3PetphotPosted 3/31/2014 5:22:45 AM
Of course it is acceptable. Since poison is so brutal in this game, without either cures or heals poison is pretty much an OHKO.
---
Apparently OP for his entire argument does in fact put his fingers in his ears and go "LALALALA" the entire thread. Fascinating.
#4Bowdownbe4me1Posted 3/31/2014 5:24:53 AM
I just want to make it clear for everyone unsure about all the "duel rules" jazz, there are ONLY three things required. Anything else goes.

1. Bow (this one's a bit rough, as other gestures may work, or it may already be presumed to be a duel based on the context. But if it's your first time fighting someone, this shows your intent to duel).
2. Allow self buff and/or weapon buff before beginning (a lot of people make builds around these elements, which would otherwise be useless in a fight where no time is given for these actions)
3. Don't heal with healing items

You can be sure, however, that no matter what you do in DkS pvp, someone will call you "cheap" for having done it. That doesn't mean that you broke duel etiquette. It just means that your opponent can't handle a loss / is confused about those three points above / or is a moron.

-
---
-----
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/bowdownbe4me1
#5gabriusPosted 3/31/2014 5:32:56 AM
"Honor" and "etiquette" are words that do not belong in the same sentence as "online multiplayer" - some of you guys are just fooling yourselves.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#6moodyjm2Posted 3/31/2014 5:34:08 AM
What about Monastery Charm?
---
Brought to you by GameFlux
Free GameFAQs app on Google Play!
#7Bowdownbe4me1Posted 3/31/2014 5:53:36 AM(edited)
gabrius posted...
"Honor" and "etiquette" are words that do not belong in the same sentence as "online multiplayer" - some of you guys are just fooling yourselves.

It's agreed upon between players. Nobody is forcing anyone to take part, but some people willingly do so! If we were "fooling ourselves" than there wouldn't be a dueling community, now would there?

Get off your high horse and let people enjoy the game how they want to.

-
---
-----
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/bowdownbe4me1
#8EklundzPosted 3/31/2014 5:54:32 AM
I would say anything is acceptable, you are there to kill each other.
heal, don't heal, cure, don't cure, what ever, just fight to the death.
---
Dark Souls ruined gaming
#9gabriusPosted 3/31/2014 5:56:48 AM
Bowdownbe4me1 posted...

Sweet, sweet irony.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#10JpalleschiPosted 3/31/2014 5:58:40 AM
Bowdownbe4me1 posted...
gabrius posted...

It's agreed upon between players. Nobody is forcing anyone to take part, but some people willingly do so! If we were "deluding ourselves" than there wouldn't be a dueling community, now would there?

-

You're telling him to let people play how they want to while trying to say "These are the rules of dueling" and get upset when people don't follow them. Let them play how they want, and don't get upset when they violate your rules.

Personally I don't care one way or the other, I'll let people bow (I won't bow, but I won't attack them during it) and let them put on their magic and all that, but when it comes down to it you can't expect that happen every time or even most of the time. PVP is generally about murdering your opponent first, not who is better fully buffed out.

If you built your character around being afforded the time to buff yourself and your weapon, you're gimping yourself because you won't always be afforded that time. I prefer a build that's ready to go as soon as I get in so I stand a better chance.