New patch 1.03 (not April fools)

#1PRNDLPosted 4/1/2014 5:52:27 AM
http://www.examiner.com/article/dark-souls-2-1-03-patch-fixes-include-multiplayer-new-game-plus-and-more

Maybe this'll end the debate about co-op reviving humanity. It was always supposed to....

I'm really looking forward to this patch....next fix matchmaking.
#2Tinman357MPosted 4/1/2014 6:04:14 AM
I always thought the word was that they were planning on removing the white sign making you human...? honestly that coupled with the restoration ring makes death kind of dks1'ish, and human effigys aren't nearly as important anymore...
---
Kill Pretty
#3Mvsevm_of_SkinPosted 4/1/2014 6:07:22 AM
Now I can burn Effigies with reckless abandon!
---
Official Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla of Dark Souls II
#4arachnipiePosted 4/1/2014 6:07:28 AM
Tinman357M posted...
I always thought the word was that they were planning on removing the white sign making you human...? honestly that coupled with the restoration ring makes death kind of dks1'ish, and human effigys aren't nearly as important anymore...

Successful coop has always been meant to turn you human. With the limited effigies now unlike how easy humanity was to farm, coop is one of the only reliable ways to turn human for some people. The only ones that said you weren't supposed to turn human from coop in Dark Souls 2 are the tryhards.
#5Tinman357MPosted 4/1/2014 6:10:39 AM
arachnipie posted...
Tinman357M posted...

Successful coop has always been meant to turn you human. With the limited effigies now unlike how easy humanity was to farm, coop is one of the only reliable ways to turn human for some people. The only ones that said you weren't supposed to turn human from coop in Dark Souls 2 are the tryhards.

huh... that was all I heard for a while...
not quite as easy as humanity in dks1 then, but definitely easier than hunting for effigies
---
Kill Pretty
#6whiteboygenePosted 4/1/2014 6:19:48 AM
B****** need to play Demon's Souls before they come on here telling people, "You're not supposed to turn human from beating bosses bla bla ba"
---
"Of course we sing, we're a gang!"
#7Denizen_Of_DarkPosted 4/1/2014 6:48:52 AM
whiteboygene posted...
B****** need to play Demon's Souls before they come on here telling people, "You're not supposed to turn human from beating bosses bla bla ba"

that was how this mechanic was intended. dont use co-op/effigies if u dont like it.
---
Official GRAVITY of gamefaqs Dark Souls boards.
XBL GT in quote.
#8CincadaPosted 4/1/2014 7:04:09 AM
arachnipie posted...
Tinman357M posted...

Co-op doesn't need to return your humanity anymore. there's an app...err. wait, Shrine for that.

Once you unlock a certain area, Human effigies are only really needed to dark-dive.
---
Xbox360 Gamertag: Cincada
Pawn: Serena lvl 200 (Current Vocation: Ranger **I think**) Full Obliv gear Diablo 3: Luna 60 monk, 1650k+ Tdps and Climbing!
#9CoontemptusPosted 4/1/2014 7:19:58 AM
I always thought that effigies should be less plentiful, but using a boss soul should turn you human.
---
Sic semper tyrannis
#10shyguy08Posted 4/1/2014 7:20:04 AM
This new fix clears up a ring slot for pve.
---
beaniee3000
Warrior of Sunlight: Shazam