• Topic Archived
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. How to Obtain Covenant Spells Offline
1 year ago#1
The list accumulated is as follows:

SORCERY

1. Hidden Weapon (Either reach rank 2 in the Bell Keeper Covenant with 30 wins from invading players in the two bell locations or farm the "Mad Warrior" in Belfry Sol on any play-through). There have been reports that the warrior only spawns in NG+ but a good majority of people have been able to farm him with 1 bonfire ascetic used in the Belfry Sol bonfire during just NG. Some other players have been able to obtain farming without a bonfire ascetic on just NG.

MIRACLES

1. Bountiful Sunlight (Either reach rank 3 in the Blue Sentinels with 500 wins in their arena or purchase from Chancellor Wellager in Drangleic Castle on NG++ or later).

2. Wrath of the Gods (Either reach rank 2 in the Blue Sentinels with 150 wins in their arena or purchase from Chancellor Wellager in Drangleic Castle on NG++ or later).

3. Sunlight Spear (Either reach rank 3 in the Heirs of the Sun Covenant with 30 Sunlight Medals obtained via coop in another players world and assisting them in defeating a boss or farm Mounted Overseers in Harvest Valley).

PYROMANCY

1. Great Chaos Fireball (Either reach rank 3 in the Brotherhood of Blood with 500 wins in their arena or purchased from Chancellor Wellager in Drangleic Castle on NG++ or later).

HEXES

First off, let us come to light on how to join this covenant and begin the process:

You will be interacting with an NPC called DarkDiver Grandahl at three locations before he will let you join; the Black Gulch, Shaded Woods, and Drangleic Castle.

Black Gulch: the abyss entrance is located in a hidden level below the area right next to the two worms that are hiding beyond the first group of Coal Tars; have your torch out so you can easily see that ledge. Before you can enter you will need the Forbidden Key which can be obtained by facing away from the locked door and hugging the wall to your left until you fall down to another ledge. Immediately afterwards, turn directly around and fall down to the next ledge and be ready for a fight. There are two Elite Giants that you must defeat to obtain the key (as well as a Soul of a Giant). Afterwards use a homeward bone to warp out of there or you can locate the cage elevator to ascend back to the top portion. After you are back up top, simply relocate the door and unlock it to speak to Grandahl about the covenant.

Shaded Woods: the abyss entrance is located in a hidden patch of grass just after the entrance that leads to the boss battle against Najka (the patch is also near a tree and a Lion Warrior). Simply tread around the grass until you fall in a hole and speak to Grandahl near the abyss entrance.

Drangleic Castle: the abyss entrance is by far the hardest to obtain as it is in the room just beyond the King's Gate bonfire that houses stone soldiers and Ruin Sentinels. The correct door to open is the one directly to the left of the Golem Torch Holder when you are facing both Golems. Now, to open it you have to kill a stone soldier in close proximity to the door as it soul will be adsorbed through the door so it will open. After you get it open, a Ruin Sentinel will be in that little room so you have two options: either fight it or run past it to a set of crumbles bricks on the floor behind it that will break and drop you down under the castle. There is a bonfire down there so players are encouraged to try and make it down the hole rather than engage the Ruin Sentinel. Once you are down there, DarkDiver Grandahl will be next to the abyss entrance and will talk to you about the dark (blah, blah, blah) and after exhausting his dialogue will ask you to join the covenant. Now once you join the covenant, you have to use 1 Human Effigy to activate the Abyss Teleporter (if you die in the Abyss you will have to pay another Human Effigy to "transverse the abyss").
---
You only live once so jump in a hole like a boss & never come back!
1 year ago#2
HEXES (continued)

Now for the actual hexes

1. Resonant Soul (Reward for reaching rank 1 in the Pilgrims of the Dark Covenant by lighting the Abyss Fire in the Black Gulch abyss entrance and then talking to DarkDiver Grandahl afterwards). This can also be purchased through Felkin the Outcast at Huntsman Copse right before the Undead Refuge bonfire.

2. Great Resonant Soul (Reward for reaching rank 2 in the Pilgrims of the Dark Covenant by lighting the Abyss Fire in the Shaded Woods abyss entrance and then talking to DarkDiver Grandahl afterwards). This can also be purchased through Felkin the Outcast at Huntsman Copse right before the Undead Refuge bonfire.

3. Climax (Reward for reaching rank 3 in the Pilgrims of the Dark Covenant by lighting the Abyss Fire in the Drangleic Castle abyss entrance and then defeating the Dark Lurker and then talking to DarkDiver Grandahl afterwards).

Now I only included the magic spells that people are having the most trouble finding. There are other spells that you get from the various nine covenants but they can also be obtained dramatically easy versus trying to progress in the specified covenants.
---
1 year ago#3
I didn't know you could farm Sunlight Spear. Hmm.
---
"Only those who have seen her and came out alive can be described as lucky."
1 year ago#4
Tensuki posted...
I didn't know you could farm Sunlight Spear. Hmm.

Yep. Just make sure you have Jester's Hat, Gold Serpent Ring, and other ways to boost your item discovery (i.e. Rusted Coin). The drop rate for the Mounted Overseers is 1/100 so it is best to have a higher discovery rate.
---
1 year ago#5
you cant.

he is saying you can farm sunlight medals
---
--- gt Final Cry Havoc ---
1 year ago#6
Good info TC, sticky requested
---
GT: Red Undead Now Playing: Dark Souls 2 (forever), Torchlight 2
http://m-102.minus.com/ipPaN0GZBXpqY.gif
1 year ago#7
Can you use Bonfire Ascetics to get Chancellor Wellager to sell you these items early?
---
XBL - B0BBY B0ULDERS
PSN - Brimstone_420
1 year ago#8
agentpheonix posted...
Good info TC, sticky requested

---
When a person has something important they want to protect, that is when they can become truly strong.
Vincit que se vincit.
1 year ago#9
Bobby_Boulders posted...
Can you use Bonfire Ascetics to get Chancellor Wellager to sell you these items early?

No unfortunately not. Here is why: You have to beat Looking Glass Knight and Nashandra on NG+ for them to be available in NG++. I have tried to upgrade both bonfires this way and defeat those two bosses but it did not work. The game has to be cycled on NG++
---
1 year ago#10
you do not need to use a bonfire ascetic for the mad warrior, he shows up on NG, it just sorta rare. I farmed him for about half of my 100 kills for rank 3.
---
"But when I looked down, I saw that I hadn't kicked a hole in a baby. I kick a hole in a bag of flour! I'd been tricked!"
DkS2 Explorer Master Race
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. How to Obtain Covenant Spells Offline

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived