Why do people hate the PvP?

#1IssacFrostPosted 4/16/2014 1:13:26 AM
I barely get phantom hits. Or lag spikes. They do happen and I believe this is the main thing that has to be fixed before balancing things like Resonant and Profound Still or Dual Avelyn cheese.

In other words I do not feel PvP is that bad. Just needs a bit more refining. And to GIT GUD! Which I'm doing by pvping a lot.
---
GT Aizakku Furosto (Dark Souls 2/Dead Space 3)
#2delta873Posted 4/16/2014 1:20:39 AM
Well your not getting the problems that a lot of other people are (neither am i) that's why you don't hate PvP as much as most of the people.
---
I'm gonna tolerate and love the **** out of you.
GT delta squad 100
#3DarkLeemerPosted 4/16/2014 1:25:14 AM
Same here. Had very little in terms if phantom range and lagstabs so I love it. I get why people can get annoyed with gankers too though. Had a few games where I got mobbed by phantoms but nothing that made me not want to play anymore
---
XBL:Leemer1988 PSN: GEN_Superbeasto 3DS FC: 4296-3892-0295
Pokemon Trainer Name: Raven Pokemon List: http://tinyurl.com/mbzllye
#4DahpiePosted 4/16/2014 1:27:45 AM
Back netcoding means you get lag backstabbed a zillion times and phantom range. Everyone is using cookie cutter build revolving around havel tanking mages with buffed ruler swords or chaos blades. That and with the new equip load system they can roll fast.
---
Known dark souls PVP hackers.
Bhadasspop, Chaosgod15, BOSS DeathNinja, B EV1L 1983, Indictmentt, rockazrollaz.
#5IssacFrost(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2014 1:48:33 AM
Dahpie posted...
Back netcoding means you get lag backstabbed a zillion times and phantom range. Everyone is using cookie cutter build revolving around havel tanking mages with buffed ruler swords or chaos blades. That and with the new equip load system they can roll fast.

I'm a fashion souls and always been a fashion souls but with a viable pvp build. In this case 50 Atn and 50 Faith full Archdrake setup +10 (Lightning Mace and Lightning Dragon Chime) the shield has been getting pretty good as it gets upgraded which is a pleasant surprise. Since I use GMB I get hit hard by spells and stuff but not as hard as pure naked. Might add Lingering Dragoncrest Ring to extend GMB and SLB. Archdrake Mace has few combos but the ones it has man do they hurt a lot. I just need to git his with it more. I just need Clear Bluestone Ring +2 for that 55% speed boost cast for Sunlight Spear and in the future Wrath of the Gods. If Profound Still is used I generally go to town with the Mace and the Archdrake set has some nice poise and defenses built in. Almost as good as Llewelyn when at +10. So I'm having fun. I get killed in PvP and I enjoy it. Because it helps me get better.
---
#6wdj40Posted 4/16/2014 2:36:31 AM
IssacFrost posted...
I barely get phantom hits. Or lag spikes. They do happen and I believe this is the main thing that has to be fixed before balancing things like Resonant and Profound Still or Dual Avelyn cheese.

In other words I do not feel PvP is that bad. Just needs a bit more refining. And to GIT GUD! Which I'm doing by pvping a lot.

People just like to find things to blame and whinge about when they are not doing as good as DS1. Me for one have been killed probably twice by weird phantom hits in 150hrs of play now.
#7nableetPosted 4/16/2014 2:42:48 AM
I don't hate the pvp, but there are some issues.

The phantom hits/range is annoying. To dodge but still get hit, or to be far away from someone's swing but still get hit is annoying. It doesn't often kill you, but losing chunks of HP when you have no intention of healing hurts.

Then when you swing, get a clean hit and noise but they take no damage and just walk it off :-(

My main issue now is not wanting to level up past 150 and therefore I need some organised PvP or am stuck fighting havel wearing, fast rolling, hex spamming players from now on :-(

Sure I can level up, but then I become one of them....
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#8wdj40Posted 4/16/2014 2:47:24 AM
nableet posted...
I don't hate the pvp, but there are some issues.

The phantom hits/range is annoying. To dodge but still get hit, or to be far away from someone's swing but still get hit is annoying. It doesn't often kill you, but losing chunks of HP when you have no intention of healing hurts.

Then when you swing, get a clean hit and noise but they take no damage and just walk it off :-(

My main issue now is not wanting to level up past 150 and therefore I need some organised PvP or am stuck fighting havel wearing, fast rolling, hex spamming players from now on :-(

Sure I can level up, but then I become one of them....

Ah man you could be "one of them". I can just see it now your going to be one of those people who think the game is rubbish as everyone is over levelled compared to yourself. I`ll just wait for the new topic to this effect :)
#9CoontemptusPosted 4/16/2014 2:50:58 AM
Santier's Spear WDR1 and Katana WDR1 make up 99% of the phantom hit complaints. The katana WDR1 is broken completely, and the Santier's spear WDR1 is given the much larger hitbox of the biggest halberds.

People complain about the PvP because they're already tired of fighting SL800 havel flippers, not because of lag complaints.
---
Sic semper tyrannis
#10IssacFrost(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2014 3:05:16 AM
From needs to remove this SM matchmaking crap. It's total BS in my opinion. It should be only arranged by Soul Level and I would go with a flat number not a %. You can invade up to +X~+Y your level but never below it. Example you can invade from 150 to 160.
---